Disclosure: This Post Contains Affiliate Links
You guys know that the last few weeks I have worked on putting myself first. Well, this week I am happy to report that I have made it a full week with getting up, actually showering before noon, getting dressed (no yoga pants DON’T count), and even throwing on some eyeliner a time or two.
I feel SO much better now that I have been doing this. It’s amazing that the small things make you feel better. It also got me thinking. What other small ways can you spruce up yourself. Nope, it’s not always the outside that makes you feel better that is true, but for right now I am sharing tips that put an extra little spring in your step.
Last week, we talked about 7 tips to make you feel better about yourself. This week, I wanted to share 10 quick ways to spruce up your outfit. I am a complete low maintenance kind of girl, but I LOVE finding something fun to wear or do to myself that is just “me.” You know, that fun accessory or quirk that just makes you feel great! Also you guys know I am SO not about to break the bank to look great, so of course all of these tips are going to be frugal as well!
10 Quick Ways to Spruce Up an Outfit
1. Stacking Bracelets: Grab some funky bracelets and mix it up! Mix glam with casual. Just whatever YOU like. It’s about finding your taste, not mine or what some fashion magazine says to like. Personally, I love these stackable bracelets (yep, totally hooked on their stuff now)
Look how bright and colorful that is! Love it. Plus, because it’s Feel Fabulous Friday you can get 5 bracelets for only $15.99 shipped. (They are regularly $60!) Make sure to look around, they have tons of great bracelets. Just enter coupon code STACKED at checkout.
2. Add a Funky Purse: I love cruising Goodwill. That is probably why “Thrift Shop” by Maclemore is one of my songs at the moment! Get creative think outside of the box. Plus, if you score it at the thrift shop, you know it won’t break the bank.
3. Find new outfits in your own closet: Have you been wearing the same thing day in and day out? Come on admit it, we have ALL done it. Well, head to your own closet and mix and match until you find a cute new outfit. It’s like going shopping without spending the dough.
4. Earrings, Dahling: I am an accessory junky. I love the ones that look fab with my jeans and tshirts or I can dress up for something a little bit more fancy. Plus, it’s an inexpensive way to add a little bling!
5. Layers: In Minnesota, it’s all about the layers. You can create tons of different outfits just by changing your layers. I am a sucker for my zip up hoodie sweaters. Yeah, total dork I know 😉
6. Funky Ring Baby: I have fallen in love with those obscenely large rings, but my requirement is they HAVE to be comfortable. Charming Charlie’s has a great selection of inexpensive rings that are stretchy on the back and mold to your finger. That’s what I wore to the Iron Man 3 premiere. It was awesome.
7. Funky flats are your friend: I love shoes that you can wear with multiple outfits (see the trend here). My Lindsay Phillips ballet flats are a new favorite. They sell these awesome clips that you can mix and match to create different looks. The shoes are a bit pricey at $60, but they are worth every penny. They are one of the most comfy ever! If you are going to spend a little money I would spend it here.
8. Nails are the way to go: No, I am not talking full blown nail art. Just find a funky nail shade you like and paint your nails and/or your toes. Remember, I am a simple gal. (Well that and I have crazy unsteady hands!)
9. Dare to be different: I am all about unique style. No, I am not talking about People of Walmart kind of style, but spruce up your outfit by exploring things YOU like! If you like stripes with polka dots, wear it! Who cares what anyone else thinks 🙂
10. Wear Something From the Heart: Wear something you made or has sentimental value to you. One of my favorite things to wear is a cool broach that my grandfather gave me for Christmas last year. It’s a little funky, and totally not something I would normally wear but it reminds me of him every time I wear it!
What’s YOUR favorite ways to spruce up an outfit?
Want to read more great articles like this one? Make sure to check out all the Feel Fab Friday posts here at Crunchy Frugalista
Join our newsletter
Sign up to get the latest recipes, tips, motivational articles, and crazy stories delivered straight to your inbox.