Mall of America Family Vacation
- 1. Write down where you park: Mall of America is HUGE, and you could be lost for DAYS if you don’t write down where you park. You can even send a text message to MOA and they will help remind you too.
- 2. Wear walking shoes: Did we mention MOA is HUGE! Make sure to wear comfortable walking shoes. For those that can’t walk far, there are guest services desks at each major entrance where you can rent wheelchairs and motorized carts (trust me they are LIFE savers)
- 3.Don’t miss out on the aquarium: Though ticket prices are a bit steep, it is worth the experience! Parents, it’s a great way to sneak in some education while having fun too!
- 4.Unleash your inner kid: Parents let your inner kid flag fly. Mall of America is a place that kids and adults can have fun too. Get your face painted, ride the rides, and enjoy your time. Just remember no running or security just might escort you out 😉
- 5.Middle of the week is the way to go: The weekend at the mall can be quite overwhelming. They have tons of events that happen on the weekend that bring thousands of extra people. For the best experience visit during the week to avoid the crowds.
- 6.Experience new things: Mall of America has tons of restaurants and shops. Check out some amazing shops you don’t have at home. Some of our favorites are the Sanrio, Lush, Mall of America gift shop, Lego, Peeps, and American Girl Doll stores.
- 7.Buy the Mall of America coupon booklet: There is a great Mall of America coupon booklet that you can buy at local retailers. It is chock full of great coupons for the shops, activities, and restaurants at Mall of America. It is WELL worth the money.
- 8.Take the light rail: If you don’t want to worry about parking, hop on the light rail. Mall of America has a transportation depot on the first floor. You can travel all the way from downtown Minneapolis to the MOA for only $1.75 each way per person.
- 9. Allow plenty of time to spend at the mall: The mall can definitely be an all day event. There is so much to see and do in the mall that you could easily spend a day or two and still not see the whole thing. Make sure to allot enough time to leisurely spend in the mall so you don’t miss out on all the good stuff.
- 10.Check the website for events: If there is a particular event you want to see, or if you want to avoid the hoards, make sure to check their website. We made the mistake of not doing this and walked right smack into hoards of people there for a national cheerleading competition. Talk about overwhelming.
Follow these tips, and you are sure to have an amazing stay during your Mall of America family vacation. Now just make sure you check out some amazing places to stay during your Minneapolis trip and you are sure to have an amazing vacation.
Come back tomorrow, and we will share with you two hotels that are Crunchy approved for your Minneapolis stay.
Join our newsletter
Sign up to get the latest recipes, tips, motivational articles, and crazy stories delivered straight to your inbox.