This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of RAYOVAC® The opinions and text are all mine.
Winter preparedness. That’s just something that people up in the arctic tundra need worry about, right? Like Alaska or Antarctica? Wrong! Let me tell you a story that is near and dear to my heart about just how important winter preparedness is, and having tools in your kit that you can count on. It seriously could save your life.
Make Your Own Winter Preparedness Kit
- Flashlights: Flashlights can come in really hand to help signal other people, or just to use to see in the car if you happen to get stuck during a bad storm.
- Battery Powered Weather Radio: A weather radio can help you stay on top of the weather, and help you figure out how long you might have to hunker down for.
- Food: Putting snacks and items that don’t free in your kit is really important. If you get stuck for a decent amount of time, you need to make sure you have something to keep you nourish. We keep granola bars, boxed cereals, and beef jerky in our car.
- Blankets: You can choose to keep full sized blankets, or the smaller emergency blankets to help make sure everyone stays nice and warm. It’s not advised to keep your car running for heat, but blankets and snuggling help keep you warm.
- Kitty Litter: We always keep some sand or kitty litter in the trunk, because it helps you get traction on icy roads. The extra weight in the back also helps when driving in snowy conditions.
- Shovel: A portable shovel is always something great to have in your winter preparedness kit. It allows you to dig yourself out when it’s safe to do so.
- Batteries: It’s really important to have batteries that you can trust in your kit. We’ve really learned to trust the RAYOVAC® brand of products. They are reliable and frugal! Make sure to check your items each winter that they have batteries you can rely on so you know you’re good to go this winter season!
Now for the really fun part! You can enter to win your very own RAYOVAC® prize package. Just in time for the holidays! Talk about some great ways to make your holidays better, and keep those stockings stuffed!
Join our newsletter
Sign up to get the latest recipes, tips, motivational articles, and crazy stories delivered straight to your inbox.