Summer is officially here, and that means it’s time to get going on that Summer Vacation! Some of us already have them planned, but if you are anything like me you don’t. Always last minute girl I am! That’s why I’ve put together 5 ways to save on your summer vacation. Great tips on how you can save on this year’s vacation and trips you might take once the cooler months come back too!
5 Ways to Save on Your Summer Vacation
1. Check out late flights: Sometimes last minute flights you can get amazing deals. If you want to take a spur of the moment trip, check out flight sales that are flying out in the next two weeks.
2. Join a Rewards Program: Joining a hotel rewards program like IHG Rewards can really save you big bucks! This rewards program has 9 hotel brands, over 4,800 hotels in 100 countries! Right now you can earn 500 points for your next IHG hotel stay from May 1- Sept 2!
Plus, earn another 500 points for that same hotel stay to share with another member. Lastly, you get 68,500 to 1115,500 “Share Forever” bonus points with a max bonus of 58,500 to share or keep. These points means free stays which is a great way to save money!
3. Pack your meals: Any time we travel, we try to stay where we can pack our meals or at least most of them. It saves us a ton on food, plus we always have handy snacks in the hotel room.
4. Think Outside of the Box: We love taking adventures that are your average “vacation.” Right now we are planning a geode digging trip to Iowa. It’s something we are totally excited about, but we won’t have to worry about vacation crowds. Plus, it’s cheaper than going to an amusement park or resort.
5. Split the costs with friends/family: If you don’t mind traveling with others, split the costs with friends and family. The more people that come the more you can pile the cars full of people and split the costs for the trip.