Date nights are probably one of the key reasons that hubby and I can still stand each other. We’ve been together eight years this week, and without a little extra loving things would’ve gone stale long time ago. Having great date night ideas that are fun, a little flirty, and something you actually look forward to are really important to keeping an healthy and vibrant relationship.
After eight years together, hubby and I have had our struggles when it has come to keeping the spark alive. When you’ve been together as long as we have it’s really easy to let life, kids, jobs, and other obligations come before your marriage. It’s really easy to find yourself going down the road of life and look at each other and wonder where all the passion and flirtations went. Not settling for that to be the new normal is the difference between a blah marriage and a marriage that still meets your needs. That’s why we wanted to share some of our fun and flirty stay at home date night ideas. You won’t break the bank, but you will have fun reconnecting with your spouse.
6 Stay at Home Date Night Ideas
1. Couples Massages: Grab some lotion and offer each other some massages. It’s a really fun way to unwind after the day, plus you won’t have to tip the massage therapist. (unless you want to…wink…wink)
2. Quiet Dinner: After the kids are in bed, make a special meal.. It can be as extravagant or as simple as you want. Put on some quiet music, use the good china (even if that just means actual plates), and enjoy the conversation.
3. Play a Game: Have a competitive streak? Turn on the Xbox or grab a board game and have a little fun. Hubby and I love to play together and get a little bit silly.
4. Do Something Nice: Do something nice to pamper your significant other. Check out my empowering bath salts, and draw him or her a nice bath. Put on their favorite music, light a few candles, and enjoy each others company.
5. Just BE together: Sometimes just sitting in a room with no distractions can be awesome way to talk. Life can be so busy that at time we forget to check in with each other. Be silly, be sweet, just be together.
You can save money by learning to stay home more also!