When I am famished in the middle of the day, cheese is one of my go to things. It’s kinda my schtick. (What’s not to drool about cheese right?!) Plus, this adult grilled cheese is so amazing you will bat them off with a stick to make sure you enjoy every morsel.
Making lunches, I have to make sure that it’s packed full of protein because if it’s not you can bet that the family’s going to be hungry again ten minutes later. That’s why cheese and bacon are the perfect combo. (Come on, who doesn’t love bacon!) The kids are getting older now, and trying to keep them off of this sandwich was quite the trick.
You might think I am crazy because this sandwich only calls for 1-2 strips of bacon, but here’s the trick. Have the bacon cooked for breakfast, and then save a few slices for your lunch time sandwich. You can never have too much bacon in one day, right?! The rest is easy peasy! Check it out!Print
Adult Grilled Cheese Sandwich So Good You Won’t Want to Share!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Two slices of french or italian bread
- 2-3 slices of Alpine Lace reduced swiss cheese
- 2 T Herbed Cheese spread (ie. Boirson, Alouette)
- 1-2 Slices of Bacon
- 1 T butter
- Sprinkle of Italian Herbs
- Butter the outsides of your bread.
- On the inside of one piece, coat with herbed cheese spread
- In a warm pan, place your bread, then Alpin Lace swiss cheese.
- Sprinkle with herbs (if desired)
- Place bacon, and top with other slice of bread (butter side out)
- Brown on both sides until cheese is melted. Then serve warm
I mean look at this cheesey goodness!
Need another delicious sandwich to make? You need to try this easy French Dip Sandwich Recipe!