One of our favorite dishes in our house is cheese quesadillas. Having a daughter that has a severe dairy allergy, it was time that I came up with an allergy friendly quesadilla recipe that she could have as well. There are finally more and more companies that realize the need for dairy free products that don’t use soy (which she is sensitive to as well).
Recently we received some complimentary dairy-free shredded cheese from Follow Your Heart, and we had fun creating some new recipes. The one that my daughter loved the most were these dairy-free cheese quesadillas. They were so easy to make that she made them herself, and gobbled them up with a side of salsa!Print
Allergy Friendly Quesadillas
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1/2 cup Dairy Free Cheddar Cheese from Follow Your Heart
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Minced Green Onion
- 1/2 Tbsp Onions
- 2 Flour Tortillas
- In a hot pan, place the oil oil and sautee the onions.
- Remove the onions and place a flour tortilla, then the cheese, onions, and top with another tortilla.
- Brown on each side until the cheese is melted in the middle.
- Slice into quarters, and serve with a side of salsa!