An easy no-bake chocolate chip granola bar recipe that is a perfect after-school snack! Let’s say goodbye to the store-bought kind!
I cannot believe how quickly summer has gone by! Before you know it, all of the major holidays will be here. Instead of focusing on those other holidays, let’s talk about back-to-school and after-school.
When has school started for your children? What are some of your favorite snacks your children like to snack on when they come home from school?
As a child, I always enjoyed granola bars. I remember always loving the store-bought kind of granola bars. The chocolate chip ones were always the best because I love chocolate! Everything for me always had chocolate included, especially if it was a snack. I can even remember just snacking on plain chocolate chips. I am pretty sure most kids do that!
What kind of snacks do you prepare for your children when they get home?
I thought I would share a fantastic homemade chocolate chip granola bar recipe with you all today. I know you all will love them because I can count on my hand how many ingredients are in them and they are just amazing! The best part, you do do not have to turn on your oven for very long because they are no-bake!
The whole family can actually enjoy them as well. Those are always my favorite kind of recipes. Yours too, right?
You will be shocked at how easy they are to put together. They are so easy that you can have your kiddos in the kitchen with you and helping. Multiple children, no problem! The batch will need two large stirs to completely mix everything together. Allow one kiddo to stir and then allow another one to as well.
They will love that and it helps you out. Another plus side, you can enjoy quality time with them! I always like to prepare these the day before because they do take about 2 full-hours in the refrigerator to set-up properly. Since these granola bars are no-bake, you will have to much sure they stay in the refrigerator or they will soften up a little too much. I am positive they will not last too long in the house. Just a couple of days here.
If that ever happens and you forget to place them back in the refrigerator, just eat them with a spoon! Over yogurt for breakfast would be great too.Print
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Yield: 8
- 2 and 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into three pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Place the old-fashioned oats on a large baking sheet and bake for 5-6 minutes at 350 degrees. Set aside when done roasting.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, butter, coconut oil, and light brown sugar. Cook on low-heat until the butter is completely melted. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Place parchment paper on a 9×9 baking dish. Set aside.
- Place the old-fashioned oats, and the honey/butter mixture in a large mixing bowl. Add in the vanilla extract and chocolate chips; mix everything together.
- Pour the granola mixture into the 9×9 baking dish and press down firmly all-around. You will want to make sure when you press down it is hard because you do not want them to be loose. If they are too loose they will fall apart.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Remember to place the extra granola bars back into the refrigerator.
You might also enjoy this recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins!
Join our newsletter
Sign up to get the latest recipes, tips, motivational articles, and crazy stories delivered straight to your inbox.