Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 1/4 cup milk (80-90 degrees)
- 1/4 cup +2 Tbsp water (80-90 degrees)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups bread machine or bread flour
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 cups pecans crushed (optional)
- 2 T cinnamon
- 1/2-1 cup sugar (to taste)
- 2 T melted butter
- Place ingredients for the dough in a bread maker IN THE ORDER listed. Choose the dough only cycle on your bread maker. (usually takes 1 1/2 hours)
While that is working, use a nut crusher to finely crush the pecans. Then mix the cinnamon, sugar, and pecans together in a small bowl
- Once the dough is done, flour a large flat surface and rolling pin. Roll the dough out until is about 13X9. Melt 2 Tbsp of butter and then brush on the dough.
- Take the cinnamon mixture and add all across the dough.
- Then very slowly roll the dough like a log.
- Once it’s completely rolled, cut 2-inch slices off of the log and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Next, place the sliced rolls in a warm place and allow to rise for at least 45 minutes, I usually place them in the oven and allow to rise over night.
- When they have risen, place in a preheated oven (375 degrees) and cook until golden brown. Around 20 minutes.
- Top with the cinnamon roll icing recipe!