Peppermint Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies (Nut, Soy, and Dairy Free)
- Preheat oven to 170
- Separate egg whites from yolks in a small bowl and discard yolks.
- Begin whipping the eggs until frothy, then add salt and cream of tartar.
- When you see soft peaks start to form, add 1 T of sugar at a time.
- Continue to whip egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In a food processor, place broken candy canes and cut them into small pieces.
- Gently fold in candy canes and chocolate chunks.
- Using a teaspoon, place cookies on non-stick cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn oven off and let set for another 15 minutes.