Kids with food allergies need to have a way to enjoy the fall season too! That’s why my daughter and I came up with these allergy friendy pumpkin cupcakes. My daughter has LOTS of food allergies, so we have to make a lot of things from scratch.
One of my favorite flavors of fall is pumpkin. When I am making treats for the family, my daughter always wanted us to figure out a way to make cupcakes for kids like her. I mean what kid doesn’t love having cupcakes to celebrate holidays? (Some of us adults still love cupcakes)
That’s where these allergy friendly pumpkin cupcakes come in. They are amazingly moist, light and fluffy without the use of dairy or even eggs. I even snuck them in with the regular cupcakes to see if Mr. Crunchy could tell the difference, and he couldn’t
If you love pumpkin, then you have to try these cupcakes. It’s a perfect way to celebrate fall without worrying about food allergies!
This recipe is nut, dairy, soy, and egg free. Enjoy!
Nut-Free, Dairy-Free Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 + 1/8 t ground nutmeg (I like the extra 1/8 tsp for a little extra zing)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup olive oil or canola oil
- 4 servings of egg substitute recipe (NOT egg sub in carton)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg, and salt together in one bowl. Whisk together until blended. Set aside
- In a mixing bowl, put the pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, and light brown sugar together. Mix until smooth. Then beat one egg at a time into the mixture until it has a uniform consistency.
- /4 cup at a time at the flour mixture to the pumpkin puree mixture. Make sure the two are completely blended until you get a consistent looking batter.
- Spray muffin pan, and fill each up about 3/4 of the way full. I love making mini cupcakes too! This recipe makes about 30 cupcakes or 60 mini cupcakes.
- Place in oven for 18-20 minutes for regular cupcakes. Let cool before frosting, and enjoy!
Like this allergy friendly recipe? Make sure to check out these other great recipes:
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Melt in Your Mouth Chocolate Truffles
- Orange Creamsicle Popsicles