This is a sponsored post on behalf of Ebates, but all frugal money saving awesomeness is my own.
Back to school is here, and it’s time for you to get those kids ready with back to school supplies and new back to school clothes. With everything your child needs for back to school, it can quickly become really expensive! That’s why I’ve put together this list of 10 places to save on back to school shopping. There’s no reason why you have to break the bank shopping for the new school year! Using a few frugal money saving tips when you are back to school shopping can save you hundreds, and the best part is a lot of these savings can now be done online!
When my husband lost his job four years ago, the kids were still in public school. That meant we were sent these massive school supplies lists with next to no money to spend on our children. It was very important that I figured out a way to save on back to school shopping and fast. It didn’t take me long to figure out some secret ways to save money on back to school shopping, and some key tips and trick to make my dollars go as far as I possibly could. In my first year, I was able to save over $600 on back to school shopping clothes, school supplies, and other items we needed to get our kids ready to for school. It was totally amazing, and I will admit a little bit addicting.
Now that we homeschool, I still use those money saving tips to make sure our kids have everything they need. Lucky for you, I’m going to tell you a few of my super top secret ways that I turned $100 into $500 for each of my kids. How did I do it? Well, one of my favorite ways to save when we are restocking our homeschool classroom is to check out cash back sites like Ebates.
Ebates is this great website program that gives you money back for doing shopping you were already going to do. They pay YOU to shop! Not sure about you, but that sounds like a win/win to me. I’ll be real with you, when I first started looking into cashback sites like Ebates, I was skeptical. Since I had to spread my money as far as I could, I figured I would give it a try. It didn’t take me long to figure out Ebates along with some other money saving tips were the best way to get my back to school shopping done easily, painlessly, and inexpensively.
Great thing about Ebates is you don’t even have to leave your couch! There’s no back to school shopping mania, no gas you have to put in your car, and when you combine the Ebates double cash back offers with merchant coupons and online back to school sales, you can save tons of money!
If you are ready to save, here’s four easy steps I took to save the most money on back to school shopping! (plus a super awesome 5th bonus tip, because I love you guys so much!)
1. Sign up for your free Ebates account, and get $10 Walmart gift card for doing shopping you were already going to have to do! (after your first $25 purchase)
2. Look for your favorite merchants and sign up for their loyalty programs (if they have one)
3. Look for coupons for your favorite merchants (which Ebates lists for you so you don’t have to spend hours looking for)
4. Use your loyalty programs, coupons, and Ebates account to save big bucks!
5. Refer your friends and get $5 for each friend you refer! (Check out Ebates for more info on this promotion)
To get you back to school ready, Ebates has a ton of merchants with double cash back offers to save you even more money! You shop, they give you cash back and that means more money to buy school supplies! Here are the top ten places to save money on back to school shopping
- Amazon – was 0.0%, now get up to 3.0% Cash Back
- HP.com – was up to 3.0%, now get up to 6.25% Cash Back
- Kmart.com – was 3.0%, now get 6.0% Cash Back + sign up for the Shop Your Way Rewards program for great coupons, free SYW Max shipping (new customers only),
- American Eagle – was 2.0%, now get 4.0% Cash Back with great American Eagle Coupons
- Old Navy – was 2.0%, now get 6.0% Cash Back
- Dell Consumer – was 2.0%, now get 4.0% Cash Back
- ULTA Beauty – was 3.0%, now get 6.0% Cash Back A+ plus sign up for Ulta Rewards program to save even more!
- Hanes – was 3.0%, now get 6.0% Cash Back
- AT&T Wireless – was up to $150.00, now get up to $300.00 Cash Back
- Lands’ End – was 3.0%, now get 6.0% Cash Back
- New Balance – was 5.0%, now get 10.0% Cash Bac
Those are my 10 (ok, 11) FAVORITE places to save on back to school shopping, but Ebates has these other places you can score double cash back right now too!
- The Body Shop – was 4.0%, now get 8.0% Cash Back
- Under Armour – was 4.0%, now get 8.0% Cash Back
- Nike – was 3.0%, now get 9.0% Cash Back
- JCPenney – was 3.0%, now 8.0% Cash Back
- Overstock.com – was 3.0%, now get 6.0% Cash Back
- Carter’s– was 2.5%, now get 5.0% Cash Back
- Magazines.com – was 26.0%, now get 40.0% Cash Back
- GoDaddy – was 7.0%, now get 14.0% Cash Back
- Etsy – was 1.0%, now get 2.0% Cash Back
The double cash back on all these back to school retailers is only from 7/21 to August 3rd. So sign up for your free ebates account, get a $10 gift card for doing shopping you were going to do anyway, then refer your friends to earn even more money to help you keep the cost of back to school shopping down
Now that you know the best places to save on back to school shopping, what are you going to score for your kids this year? Last year we saved over $1000 dollars shopping this way. Wonder which one of you can save the most using Ebates?