This post is sponsored by Kemps but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Party planning doesn’t have to be a headache. These simple party planning tips are here to save your day. They are tried and true tips from a hostess that doesn’t have the mostest. Quite honestly, if my party isn’t easy to throw and a low key, but enjoyable number I’m not interested. It’s just too much stress to go through all the details to make sure everything is perfect.
So, what is a gal to do when she wants to throw a party, but doesn’t want the headache of something complicated that is going to take years off her life to pull off? Simple party planning tips. The tips are simple and so is the party. That’s the best part. You won’t spend all your time hovering over the dishes or guests to make sure everything is just so. You have free time to mingle and enjoy your guests as well as enjoy being a hostess even when you thought you would never want to host another party again.
For me, it got to the point that I refused to throw anymore parties. They were way too complicated, and I always felt so awkward making sure that everyone knew where everything was and that everyone was happy. My guests left happy, but honestly I ended up being stressed and worn out by the the end of it all. That’s why I’m sharing my wisdom with you.
5 Simple Party Planning Tips to Save Your Sanity
1. Keep the Guest List Small: Even if you are Ms. or Mr. Popularity keep the guest list small, less than 25 people or so. Usually not all those people show up, and you’ll have a nice intimate gathering that is manageable.
2. Keep the Food Simple: One of the best ways that I saved my sanity was keeping the food simple. We started out by simplifying dessert. One of our favorite ways to do this was by having an ice cream bar. All I had to do was prep the toppings before hand, and then pull out our favorite flavors of Kemp’s Ice cream when it was time to serve dessert. The guests have fun making their own sundaes, and I enjoyed not having to slave over the stove making an eloquent dessert.
3. Keep the Prep to a Minimum: No need to slave away for days, keep your prep time down by making your event a pot luck. Each guest brings a dish, and then you are all apart of making the party great.
4. Keep the Playlist Simple: Spotify and other streaming services make it so simple to put together playlists in a matter of minutes. You can even share these playlists with your guests to see if they have any favorite songs they want to add.
5. Keep the Fun Going: Having a few simple activities for your guest is a great way to have the fun keep on going. In our house, we usually plan a movie night or sitting around the campfire roasting marshmallows and playing the drums. It’s a great way to bond with your guests that doesn’t require a lot of set up or take down.