You guys know my youngest daughter has really severe food allergies. Recently she even began to be allergic to eggs as well. This sent me back to the drawing board on a lot of our family’s favorite recipes. We decided to doctor her favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe to take the eggs out, and wala an allergy friendly vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe!
This recipe is amazingly good, and you won’t even realize that it’s an allergy friendly recipe! Trust me, Crunchy loves her some chocolate chip cookies, and these are delish! The best part is, because there are no eggs, you can even eat the cookie dough!
These cookies must be a hit because the first words out of my daughter’s mouth was “OH MY GOD! These are the best cookies you have ever made!”
Whether you are trying to avoiding food allergens, trying to eat more vegan, or trying to try new foods you will love this recipe!
What would you put in your vegan chocolate chip cookies?
Love this recipe? Make sure to check out all the Crunchy Frugalista recipes on Pinterest
Allergy Friendly Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup bananas (finely pureeed)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 servings egg substitute (click link for how to make this)
- 3 t pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 cups Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer or blender, puree the bananas until they are smooth
- Next, cream in the sugar and brown sugar. Blend until no longer clumpy.
- Add the vanilla, and egg substitute mixture one dose at a time. After blended added, add the baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour and mix until the flour is no longer seen. Add the chocolate chips!
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, place 1 T of cookie dough about 1-2 inches apart.
- Cook for approximately 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie rack.