Disclosure: These camping games for kids might contain affiliate links, but all amazing ideas and funny sense of humor are my own. (You know Quirky Inspired can’t be bought)
50+ Camping Games for Kids
Camping Games for Kids To Help Kick Boredom’s Butt!
- Red Rover: I know THIS camp game needs no explanation, but just in case you didn’t play it on the school yard like I did click the link for directions. We won’t judge you.
- Stick-Ums Toss Game: Some of the most fun camping games are ones that are easily packable! This stick-ums toss game is great for that!
- Camping Scavenger Hunt for Kids: Kids are always on the look out for neat things when you take them camping. This free printable scavenger hunt is great to take with you to keep the kids occupied.
- Capture The Flag: If you have some kids that need to run off some energy, capture the flag is PERFECT! They will sleep like babies which means you can enjoy some summer cocktails in peace!
- Bocce Ball: Bocce ball is another game that packs up super easily, and can really be played anywhere! Our quirky family has a contest for who is bocce ball champion. Bragging rights are oh so important!
- Spot It: Going Camping Edition: This is a cooler version of iSpy. The game challenges each player to spot a particular item. The person that can spot it that fastest wins!
- Horseshoes: It’s not camping without a round of horseshoes. This set is great for kids because the entire set is made out of rubber!
- Camp Dayz Mad Libz: When I was a kid, I could play Mad Libz for HOURS and HOURS! Heck, I’d still play it!
- Drip Drip Drop: Our kids loved playing this camping game for kids. It’s easy to play! You all get in a circle (like duck, duck goose). Someone has a cup filled with water. They go around and put a drip or a drop of water on each person’s head (drop is the WHOLE cup).
- Going around the circle, they say drip….drip….drip….DROP when they are ready to douse someone. It’s one of my favorite camping games for kids. Plus, it uses things you already have with you!
- Marble Drop: This fun game is a fun camping game. All you need are your feet and some marbles. The first person to get all the marbles wins! Next time you tell your kids you are gonna lose your marbles, at least it would be for a good cause 😉
- Hunker Down: This game is fun for those that like to play fun games like King of the Mountain. Each person stands on a wooden pedestal and holds onto a rope. The goal is to make your opponent fall off their stand before you do.
- T-shirt relay: This is a great team work building exercise! You put the t-shirt on the first player, and they hold hands with the next camper! While holding hands, move the t-shirt from the first camper to the second camper.
- Earthball: The kids are trying to save the Earth! Using a beach ball, or a balloon, each person tries to keep the item in the air. You can’t let it touch the ground or the Earth will be doomed!
- Camping Olympics: Camping Olympics are a great way to keep the kids (heck, adults too) occupied for the whole camping trip! Have fun figuring out who’s going to take the gold!
- Park Ranger: In this fun game, one lucky kid is the “Park Ranger”. The rest of the players are animals on the loose! Another fun camp game to tire the kiddos out!
- Camping Charades: The classic game of charades with a camping twist! You can keep this game going as long as you can keep creating new things to act out!
What are some fun camping games?
- Balloon Waddle: This is totally a game I’ve played, but I made the name up (Creative aren’t I?) To play this game all you need is a bag of medium sized balloons.
- In two teams, you set up two chairs or markers a distance away from the start line. Each play has to pinch a ballon between their knees and waddle to the marker and back. When they get back the next person goes.
- The first team to get all players back wins!
- Frisbee Golf Game: This is an easy homemade frisbee golf game using laundry baskets. You can totally score stackable laundry baskets for only a $1 at the Dollar Tree!
- Camping Tic Tac Toe: Talk about making fun camping games with Mother Nature. Use what you find around you rock this cute camping tic tac toe!
- Glow in the Dark Bowling: Exploring and playing in the dark is half the fun of going camping! Make sure to check out how to make your own glow in the dark bowling set!
- Yardzee: It’s like Yahtzee but BIGGER. Really big lawn dice for you to toss around to see who can score the most points!
- Magical Scoop Slinger: This game has been around for ages! Never heard of this fun camp game? It’s probably because I made up a super cool name for it. It’s toss but with scoops!
- Fish or Cut Bait: Try to catch as many fish as you can or cut the bait and run!
- Freeze Tag: Another oldie but goodie camp game! One person is “it” and chases the other players around. Once the player that is “it” touches them the running player has to be frozen!
- You can only release your fellow player from an icy grip if you tag them with both hands before the main player gets you too!
- Sleeping Bag Relays: Kinda like potato sack races but more awesome! Grab your sleeping bag, and hop, hop, hop your way to victory!
- Quirky Helpful Hint: We love finding (and thoroughly cleaning) older sleeping bags for these games. That way you don’t ruin your actual sleeping back!
Need More Backup? Check Out these Fun Camping Activities
- Still worried about the kids being bored? Make sure to check out these 25+ camping crafts for kids!
- Need more ideas to wear the kids out? Then check out fun outdoor game ideas!! A great list of outdoor games that will wear your kids the hell out!