Fall is one of my favorite times of the year for many, many reasons. I am not sure if it’s the cool, crisp air or the beautiful fall foliage that warms my heart. One thing I am sure is I love all the amazing soups and chowders that you can enjoy this time of year to warm you from the inside out. Recently, I had a chance to review a complimentary Blendtec blender and I discovered something. One of the easiest things to make in it is soup. That’s why this easy and delicious cheddar corn soup is now one of my favorite fall recipes.
When I made this recipe, I whipped it up in less than 15 minutes and served it with some yummy crackers for dipping. Topped it off with some cheddar cheese, and lunch was done. The weather has already been starting to get colder here in Minnesota, so I was cruising for new things to eat for lunch or even a quick dinner. Soup is not only a frugal way, but a delicious way to feed the family. (I swear they are going to eat me out of house and home otherwise!)
- 2 Cans of Sweet Corn (drained)
- ½ Cup of Warmed 1% Milk
- ½ Cup of Warmed Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Cup of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- McCormick California Style Onion Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper (to Taste)
- In a small pot bring the milk and heavy cream up to about 80 degrees (do not boil)
- Combine all the ingredients in the Blender, and hit the soup cycle (or pulse for about 30-45 seconds)
- If you want a thinner soup, pulse for a bit longer. (Don't pulse too long or the soup will be frothy)
- Pour into bowls, and garnish with more sharp cheddar cheese and cracked pepper.
- Serve with crackers or corn muffins.
I’ve wanted Blendtec blender for many years, and now I am not quite sure what I would do without one. The blender comes with some amazing blender recipes plus the Wild Side jar, and I had a chance to try the Twister jar as well. (Great for recipes that are super thick or stick to the sides).
I mean check out all of the features on the Blendtec Designer Series blender, and head here to see my full Blendtec Designer series review:
- Complete speed control
- Vivid icons
- New sleek design
- Easy, fast cleanup
- Versatile functionality
- Functions for batters, soups, smoothies, ice cream, whole juice, and ice crush
There is a reason they call the Blendtec Designer series the “Swiss Army Knife of blenders.” I have made ice creams, soups, and smoothies in this blender. My next recipe is going to be an easy pesto sauce. It’s sleek, easy to set on the counter, and easy to clean! If it were legal I would marry this blender.
Join our newsletter
Sign up to get the latest recipes, tips, motivational articles, and crazy stories delivered straight to your inbox.