Chocolate is always one of my favorite flavors. That’s why when I was deciding on my Christmas cookie recipes, I figured I would pair a year round favorite with a seasonal favorite; PEPPERMINT! I could eat peppermint candy canes from the day it’s officially “holiday season” until New Year’s. I just can’t get enough of the stuff.
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
That’s why Chocolate Peppermint Kiss cookies is part of Crunchy Frugalista 12 days of Christmas Cookies this year. I’ve always wanted to try making a cookie with a kiss on the top that’s why when I was trolling the aisle of my local Target I snagged these white chocolate peppermint Hershey’s kisses. Not normally a big fan of white chocolate, but these kisses on top added just the perfect hint of peppermint in this fun little cookie. Put it this way, I had to threaten lives in order to have the cookies long enough to take photos of them for you guys to see!Print
Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies that Will Melt In Your Mouth
These cookie are perfect for the holidays or any Christmas cookie exchange.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 36
- Category: Desserts
- 1 C Butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 C White Sugar
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 2 C Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 C Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 C Cocoa Powder
- 1 t Baking Soda
- 1/4 t Salt
- White Chocolate Peppermint Hershey’s Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl cream the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs together
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt
- A little bit at a time mix flour mixture into butter mixture until well blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place one T of dough about 2-3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 7-9 minutes.
- Allow to cool for five minutes.
- Place Hershey’s Kiss on Top and let completely cool
Leave a Reply