Homemade Strawberry Jam Recipe That Will Leave You Licking the Spoon
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 Jars
- 5 Cups Cleaned and Hulled Strawberries Crushed
- 7 Cups of Real Cane Sugar
- 1 – 1 1/2 Boxes of Fruit Pectin (1.75 oz Boxes)
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- When you get your strawberries, the first thing you need to do is rinse the dirt off and hull them.
- Cut the strawberries up in smaller pieces, and then use a potato masher to crush the strawberries.
- In a large stock pot place the strawberries, and mix in lemon juice.
- Over medium heat, gradually add pectin.
- Once the pectin is all mixed in, turn up to high and bring to a rolling boil stirring constantly.
- Add sugar, and stir constantly. Let it hard boil for a minute.
- To test that the jelly will set, take a spoon dip it into the jam and then set it in a glass of ice water. Jelly should stick to spoon. If it doesn’t, gradually add a little bit more pectin.
- Remove from heat, and then fill leaving about 1 inch from top of jar.
- Place lid on jar, and place in water bath to preserve.