If you are throwing a party, you HAVE to make this Crock Pot Queso Dip recipe. It’s really easy, but will taste like you spent hours on it! Super easy cheese dip recipe which is creamy a little spicy and is always a hit with party goers!
Easy Crock Pot Cheese Dip
If you are having, or attending, a Super Bowl party this year, you really need to make this fabulous Super Bowl Crockpot queso dip. It’s really easy to prep, and all you have to do is add the ingredients to the crockpot and turn it on!
Love queso? Check out this white queso recipes!
How to Make Cheese Dip in a Crock Pot: FAQs and Tips:
Do you have to use Velveeta Cheese in this recipe? No, you don’t have to use Velveeta brand, but we do suggest you use some type of cheese product. This helps the queso stay nice and creamy all day long while you party on.
Do you need to cook the meat before hand? YES. You absolutely want to cook any meat that you put in your slow cooker queso dip before hand. This way as soon as your queso is melted it is ready to serve.
What are the best ways to make this slow cooker cheese dip? The great thing about this recipe is that other than cooking up the meat, all you have to do is dump all the ingredients in your slow cooker and the recipe cooks itself. All you have to do is stir it occasionally to combine all the ingredients
Is this slow cooker cheese dip recipe gluten free? If you use the Velveeta brand cheese loaf, then yes this recipe is gluten free. If you use another brand, make sure to check that brand’s website to check their gluten free status.
Do you have to put meat in your cheese dip? NOPE! You can easily make a vegetarian queso dip recipe by omitting the meat in this recipe.
What’s the best crockpot to use for this cheese dip recipe? This dip recipe easily fits into a 6-quart crockpot, this is the programmable crockpot that I own and I love it! You could also double this recipe for a bigger crowd, but I would suggest using an 8-quart crockpot or larger to make sure you have enough room!
Is this cheese dip in a slow cooker spicy? Spicy is kind of a relative term, so we will qualify it as this. To the average mild salsa eating person this queso recipe is not spicy.
GOODIES NEEDED FOR THIS VELVEETA QUESO DIP
- 6 QUART PROGRAMMABLE CROCKPOT
- SLOW COOKER LINERS (OPTIONAL BUT MAKES LESS CLEANUP)
- CAN OPENER
- NESSIE LADEL SPOON
Want other PARTY Snack Ideas? Check out these easy recipes!
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Cheese Dip
- 50+ Super Bowl Snacks and Dips
- 25+ Homegating and Tailgating Recipes
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Punch Recipe
- One Loaf of Velveeta Cheese
- 2 (8 oz.) cans of diced tomatoes with chilis
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- Tortilla chips
- Take your Velveeta cheese, and cut it up into cubes. Place in crock pot
- Drain cans of tomatoes and add to cheese
- Brown 1 pound of ground turkey. Add to crockpot
- Turn crockpot on low, stirring every 5-10 minutes until well melted and blended.
- Keep on low to keep it warm!
- Want more kick ass food porn? Make sure to sign up for our once weekly foodie newsletter. Simple, delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
- Make sure to also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to keep up with all the Quirky Inspired shenanigans
Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g