When we go camping, we are always looking for easy kids camping crafts to do while we are there. Luckily for us, one thing that has never gone out of style is making friendship bracelets. This craft is a little bit of a different take on the classic from we I was a kid, but it’s a great way to make a bracelet easily in a weekend without the kids spending hours making the bracelets.
Each bracelet took less than an hour to make, and we made two different kinds of bracelets to show you how much fun you can have making them! Here’s everything you need to make your bracelets.
- Different colors of embroidery floss
- Charms with large holes in the center
- Safety pin (to keep the bracelet in place so you can braid)
For Top Bracelet (with heart charm)
- Pick three colors you like, and then attach them to the charm with a knot (one three strand set on each side of charm)
- Braid the colors, and tie a knot at the end. Repeat on other side.
- Then place around wrist and tie to fit!
For Bottom Bracelet (with love charm)
- Pick three colors that you like, and attach set of strings to the sides of the charm with a knot (one three strand set on each side of charm)
- Starting on one side, hold two of the strands together. With the third strand, make what looks like a number four with this string crossing over top of the other two.
- Cross this string over the front of the other two, then pull behind the two and through the “loop” of the four.
- Pull the string taut, and then slide it all the way up the bracelet.
- Continue this with the same string until you want to change colors.
- When you want to change colors, repeat the steps!
- When it’s long enough just repeat on the other side, and tie to your wrist to fit!
What’s some of your favorite camping crafts from when you were a kid?