Mr. Crunchy and I were walking into Michaels to figure out some neat fall crafts to do with you guys, and I will completely confess that Mr. Crunchy came up with this idea. Well, he grabbed the two terra cotta pots and put them together. I think I actually screamed “CANDY CORN!” when he did it too, but if confronted I will totally deny that.
These super cute terra cotta candy corn crafts are a super fun and easy craft to do with your kids. We would even venture to say that you could have kids 3+ do this craft. (It just might help them out if you drew a line around the sections so they knew where to paint)
The great thing about these is that you can use them inside or outside. They work great for fall decorations on your front porch as well as your mantel or table. From start to finish these candy corn crafts take only about 30 minutes (not including drying time). If you are looking for something fun to do on a blustery weekend or just want to get in the fall spirit early, grab your pots and your paints and get to crafting!
- 2 Terra Cotta pots (2 different sizes: I don’t list the sizes because you can make this craft as big or as little as you want)
- Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun
- Craft Paint in Orange, Yellow and White
- Make sure your pot is clean and dry. This will help make sure your paint adheres well.
- If you are helping a younger child, go ahead and draw a line about 1/2 an inch above the lip of the larger pot. (This is the section for the yellow)
- BEFORE you glue the top on, paint the top smaller pot completely white on the outside and let dry. (in the picture above the pot is not glued yet for easy removal)
- Next, paint the bottom pot orange and yellow. Allow to dry.
- With your hot glue, glue the two pots together upside down so they look like the shape of a candy corn. Allow to dry and you are all set!
If you loved this fall craft, make sure to check out these other great crafts as well!