This post is written on behalf of BK Creamery, but all awesomeness is my own
I like to consider myself as a bit of a foodie and someone who is always up for trying new things. When I heard about fresh dairy cream, something that is trending right now, I was intrigued. This all new, all fresh dairy cream is similar to double cream, which is a British thing. Like, a huge thing in Britain! BK Creamery, a brand new Brooklyn NYC-based dairy brand, is quickly finding a place in the kitchens of home cooks, bakers, pasta-lovers, soup makers, and just about everyone in between! This gluten, sugar and sodium free dairy product has no artificial ingredients, no added salts or carbs, making it virtually a super cream!
The thickness of fresh dairy cream is similar to sour cream or crème fraîche, but with a smoother taste. This single cream is less thick because it is half the fat and it can be used as a coffee creamer. I love that because I am also a coffee addict, so this new addition to my morning cup of Joe has been amazing. With double cream, you get 42% milk fat content, which is half the fat of butter. With single cream, you only get 21% milk fat, which is half the fat of the double cream. Because this cream is not ultra pasteurized, you get more nutrients in the cream as well as getting a thicker, richer taste. Not sure how to use this new and decadent (but guilt free) addition to the dairy drawer in the fridge? Here are a few ideas:
- Spread onto toast, waffles, bagels, scones.
- Add texture and thicken dips, soups & sauces, like Creamy Alfredo, Creamy Cheese Sauce, Pumpkin Soup, Chowders, Guacamole, or Spicy Buffalo Dip.
- Make a homemade coffee creamer by adding any flavoring, like Vanilla extract or Peppermint oil.
- Makes scrambled eggs creamier and thicker.
- Whipped to make homemade whip cream. Add any flavor or sweetener by mixing with cream for just a few minutes. YOu can use brown sugar cinnamon, honey, vanilla extract.
- Make a homemade spread by whipping double cream into a thick consistency (similar to butter). Leave in refrigerator overnight and enjoy a thick homemade spread.
- Dollop onto fresh fruits like strawberries, peaches, or blueberries.
- Use in all types of desserts, including for piping, layering onto cakes, making homemade ice cream and gelato, creating delicate mousses or as a topping for pies and other desserts.
Home cooks are really excited about this new hybrid product From BK Creamery, which is available in your local grocery store. Because the double cream is much thicker than whipped cream, there is nothing like this which exists on the market yet! It is super versatile and it works for everyone in the family. My son cannot do gluten free and I am working on low or no sugar, so it is a win-win for both of us. For my husband and daughter who never have to count a calorie, it is available in regular as well as no fat.
If you are interested in tasting the new BK Creamery double cream, you may be in luck! Several local stores are hosting a demo of the Double Cream! A sampling event will take place on 5/16, 5/17, 5/30, 5/31, 6/6, 6/7, 6/13. A complete list of the event locations is available HERE. You can learn more about the fantastic products from BK Creamery by visiting their home page. I am super excited to share a second post with you soon which will feature a recipe I created using one of the BK Creamery products! Stay tuned for that post!