Homemade Valentine’s Day Treat Boxes
These homemade Valentine’s Day Treat Boxes were sponsored by Amazon, and may contain affiliate links
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and if you are looking for Valentine’s Day crafts for preschoolers we have fun homemade Valentine’s Day treat boxes for you and your kiddos to celebrate Heart Day!
My youngest daughter, Bayla helped me come up with this fun Valentine’s Day craft. I bought the supplies, and she made the magic. Honestly hers turned out way better than I was thinking about doing. It’s pretty awesome when you are parenting creative kids, and when you hand them a project they just blow you away at their creativity.
Check out Valentine’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers Here
Print Your Free Printable Valentines Cards Here
In past years, we’ve made free printable Valentine’s cards and share Valentine’s Day Crafts for preschoolers so we knew this year we had to make homemade Valentine’s Day treat boxes.
For kids, Valentine’s day is about getting cards from their friends and of course treats! (Conversation hearts are a favorite in our house) With these homemade Valentine’s Day treat boxes you can combine the best of both of those worlds!
Are your ready for a little fun? Here’s everything that you need to make these fun homemade Valentine’s Day treat boxes.
- Creative Galaxy Artsy Tool Belt
- Elmer’s Glue
- White Acrylic Paint
- Colored Tissue Paper
- Heart Shaped Box
- Valentine’s Day Colored Felt
- Glitter Fabric Paint
- Make sure your heart shaped box is clean and paint the outside, including the top white. Let Dry.
- On the sides of the bottom. Take small bunches of different color tissue paper and dab bottom with glue and apply to the sides of the box. Apply as many as you’d like.
- For a little extra shimmer, use your other paint brush to paint on glitter fabric paint on the sides. Set aside and let dry.
- On the sides of the top, tear bigger pieces of tissue paper. Lay the pieces of the tissue paper flat on the sides, and with a paint brush cover with a thin coat of Elmer’s glue so the papers stay in place. Allow to dry.
- For the top, trace a heart shape using the box top as a stencil. Cut out the heart shape from the colored felt. Then attach to the top of the box with Elmer’s Glue.
- For a little extra fun, put stickers from your Creative Galaxy Artsy Tool Belt on the Inside of the Box and the Inside of the Lid.
- Fill with your favorite Valentine’s Day Treats!
Now who are you going to give your Homemade Valentine’s Treat Boxes to?
Leave a Reply