Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
- One ready made graham cracker pie crust
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can non-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 3-4 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Separate the eggs. Put yolks in one bowl and egg whites in another. Set egg whites aside (let set until room temperature)
- To the egg yolks, add the lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until completely blended
- Pour lemon mixture into the pre-made pie crust
- After the egg whites are room temperature, beat until frothy.
- Once frothy, add salt and cream of tartar until soft peaks form
- Adding 1 tablespoon at a time, add sugar and beating a lot between each additional Tablespoon. Beat until stiff peaks form (can take up to 10 mins)
- Once stiff peaks form, use a spatula to place meringue on top of lemon mixture. Make sure to seal (bring to edges) the pie with the meringue.
- Place pie on a cookie sheet and place in the oven at 350 for approximately 5-10 minutes or until the meringue is golden brown.
- Set on the counter until cooled, and then refrigerated for 1-2 hours or overnight.