Loaded Baked Potato Soup That Will Blow Your Mind
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 10
- Category: Soups
- 8 Medium Potatoes Peeled and Cubed
- 16 oz Chicken Stock (plus a little more to cover potatoes if needed)
- 1 cup 2% Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 16 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese (divided)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 4 Green Onions Thinly Sliced (divided)
- 1.5 Pounds of Bacon Cut Into Pieces
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- In a dutch oven, cook the bacon and remove from the pan. Drain.
- Place 2 Tbsp of the bacon grease in the oven.
- Add garlic and potatoes, and chicken stock (just enough to cover all potatoes)
- Cook on medium heat until potatoes are almost tender.
- Add cream and milk reduce heat to low.
- Mix in cheese, half of bacon, half of green onions, pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- Continue to stir constantly until the soup is blended.
- If soup is too liquidy, continue to heat on low until it reduces (or add a small amount of flour)
- Serve warm and garnish with green onions, cheese and bacon.