One of the things that I love the most about fall is all the fall decorations. You guys know me even though I want to decorate doesn’t mean I want to break the bank. That’s why I was so excited to show you how to make your own gilded pumpkins and it will only cost you around $1 each! How great is that!
If you haven’t learned this from me already, learn it now, the Dollar Store is your friend! There are so many great seasonal items in the store that you can easily use or craft with and no one will ever be the wiser. (Your secret is safe with me!)
Are you ready to make these adorable pumpkins? Here is everything you are going to need:
- Plastic Pumpkins from the Dollar Store
- Paint brushes
- Martha Stewart Metallic Paints in Silver and Gold
- White Craft Paint
- Newspapers (to control your mess)
- Make sure that your pumpkins are clean and dry. This helps the paint adhere better.
- Take your white craft paint and paint the whole pumpkin. It might take more than one coat. This is so the orange doesn’t show through. Let dry.
- Once they are dry take your silver or gold and paint your pumpkin again. Both of the colors took two coats for me to get the shade that I wanted.
- Allow to dry, and you are all set!
Like these crafts? Make sure to check out these other great crafts at Crunchy Frugalisa: