Not many of you guys know this about me, but I was a former banker and mortgage person so learning about how to manage your money is something I am really passionate about. (Even though I am still a work in progress) Another things you may not know is I am a former military wife. When you are in the military you are on a fixed income, so it’s even more important to be careful about how you spend your Benjamins.
That’s why when I had a chance to check out My Military & Money app I was a dork and super excited. It’s this great free app from McGraw Hill Financial and BBB Military Line that gives great tips to help our service members and their families monitor their money. This free money app offers these great resources:
- Essential tools that help you create a credit card debt reduction plan, build a balanced budget and structure a savings plan.
- An introductory video training series that covers Making Credit Work for You, Digging Out of Debt and Building a Better Budget.
- Tips and information on a range of financial situations faced by service members like retirement, deployment and buying a house.
- An optional reminder function that prompts you to revisit your financial plans each month.
The cool thing about this app is that it doesn’t stop there. McGraw Hill and BBB Military line are really committed to make a great set of resources for families to learn about their finances. They are launching a My Military Money website and also a blog that you can interact and ask your financial questions.
While My Military & Money app is designed with military families in mind, it’s not just something only they can use! You can use it for yourself and your family to keep your dollars in line like little soldiers.
The application is available for Android and iOS:
- My Military & Money App for iOS
- My Military & Money App for Android
If you love what you hear already make sure to download this great financial resource app for your phone. If you want to learn even more, make sure to join us for the #MilitaryMoneyApp Twitter party on October 1st at 1pm EST. We will be sharing great tips and what the app is about, PLUS you get a chance to win 1 of 5 $50 Visa gift cards! Just use this link here to RSVP! :