It is so hard to quit drinking soda. I’ve been trying off and on for years. Last year, I finally quit my soda drinking habit for good. Ready to kick your habit? Well, That’s why I’ve put together this 30 day no soda challenge. Take the challenge and learn how to quit drinking soda with the support of all your peeps in the Quirky Inspired community! Have you guys struggled trying to stop drinking pop, too? Then, let’s do this!
When I was a kid, we always had soda in the house. Every single meal was practically served with soda. It was just our normal. Growing up, I thought all families drank that much soda everyday. As a kid, I would probably drink half a two liter by myself on a regular basis. This habit continued into adulthood where I could easily drink 3-4 20 oz. Mountain Dews a day. It got to the point that there was ALWAYS a soda within reach.
I’ve been struggling with my addiction to soda for decades (check out my story here), which I am sure many of you can relate to. It seems to have such a strong hold on so many people, and even switching to diet soda has just as many bad health consequences. If after decades, and millions of gallons of soda, later I can kick my soda drinking habit. You can do it too!
The very first step to learning how to quit soda, duh after joining the 30 day no soda challenge, is to have a plan! You need to prepare to do war with soda, but know this time you are going to kick it’s ass. With the Quirky Inspired community’s support, the 30 day no soda challenge, and some helpful tips from moi you are going to be victorious this time around!
Read Me First (Now you are a level too quitter, padaone): Want to quit soda, but have no idea how to even get started? Then make sure to check out our post with our five favorite tips to quit! It’s got some sure fired tips to get you jump started to defeat the soda beast. Having a strategy and ways to reward yourself for all your hard work is sure to help you get the monkey off your back, and probably help you feel a little bit more energized too.
Read how to quit drinking soda with these 5 surefire steps.
Read Me Second: Before you begin the 30 Day No Soda Challenge, make sure to check out how to quit soda without headaches for those of you that worry the drop in your soda habit will cause you to have bad headaches!
Read how to quit drinking soda without headaches. (coming soon)
Now that you guys have those tools in your tool belt let’s get to the nuts and bolts of the challenge!
30 Day No Soda Challenge
1. Join the Quirky Inspired Facebook group: This is the place to share our triumphs and tribulations while we try to give soda the big ole boot! (Plus other great health tips too!)
2. Comment on the blog posts here that you are ready to commit to this challenge and better health for yourself! That way we can cheer you on!
3. Pledge to give up soda for 30 days! Or at least take this step down pledge. Here’s a great idea to get started.
30 Day Soda Step Down Pledge:
- Day 1-4 4 8 oz sodas/day
- Day 5-10 3 8 oz sodas/day
- Day 11-15 2 8 oz sodas/day
- Day 16-21 1 8 oz Soda/day
- Day 21-21 No soda
4. Check in each week for new No Soda Challenge updates and new tips on how to remain soda free and how to reward yourself for doing a kick ass job! We’ll be sharing tips on what to use your money to reward yourself (think about all that money you used to spend on soda), how to quit soda without a headache, and tips how to stay soda free after the challenge!
So, who’s ready for the no soda challenge? Together we can totally kick some ass and take some names. Just think about all the empty calories and dollars that you are going to save in just 30 days. Ready to get started, then comment below, join the Quirky Inspired closed Facebook group and join the revolution!
Make sure to checkout these other two posts to make sure you are a success this year for the 30 day no soda challenge!
Join our newsletter
Sign up to get the latest recipes, tips, motivational articles, and crazy stories delivered straight to your inbox.