Disclosure: This is a post on behalf of Quaker, but you know the yummy deliciousness is all my own.
One of my favorite things about Christmas time is making homemade Christmas gifts for my family. It began as a frugal way to still be able to give during the holidays, but I quickly fell in love making unique gifts for my family. This year I decided since I was doing 12 Days of Christmas cookies that what perfect gift to make than homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.Easy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are a bit of a twist on the traditional chocolate chip cookie. They still have that wonderful buttery taste but the oatmeal gives it a nice hearty flavor as well. With a hint of vanilla and loads of chocolate chips, I tell you it will be hard not eat the whole batch the first day. (I know, I had to save cookies to take pictures of them, and that was HARD!) What is more enjoyable than some fresh out of the oven cookies, and a tall glass of milk? It’s got Quaker Oatmeal in it which makes these cookies so much more yummy than just plain old chocolate chip cookies!
The cool things about these cookies is you can grab a Ball jar, find some holiday themed fabric, and put your ingredients in the jar to give out during the holidays. I’ve also included a cute free cookie recipe printable for you to attach to the jar so they know how to make the cookies. Bringing gifts like this is sure to earn you some brownie points with your friends and family this year. EnjoyPrint
Homemade Christmas Gifts: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies That Will Keep You Begging for More!
These mouth watering cookies are perfect with a tall glass of milk.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 40
- Category: Desserts
- 1 C Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 2 C Flour
- 3/4 t Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 2 C Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 t Baking Soda
- 1/4 t Salt
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixer, please cream the butter, sugars, vanilla, and eggs until smooth
- In another bowl, mix the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, and salt
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the butter mixture.
- Once completely blended, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Take 1 Tbsp of dough and place 2-3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 7-10 minutes until slightly browned on top.
- Allow to cool.
Want more inspiration? Make sure to check out the other yummy ways that Quaker Oatmeal and milk are the perfect pair! Tons of great ideas to get you ready for the holidays
You can also join Quaker in the tweet for a cause campaign! Quaker and Kroger Co. Family of stores will be donating $25,000 to feed families by donating to Feeding America! Here’s how to get involved!
- Quaker encourages you to show support by tweeting a picture of you and your family enjoying your oatmeal + milk creation by including @Quaker and #BetterTogether in your tweet!
For more information on Better Together + Tweet for a Cause, please visit:
Join the buzz:
- Twitter: @Quaker
- Facebook: Quaker
- Pinterest: Quaker Oats