Mashed potatoes are one of my family’s favorite comfort foods. It’s a really inexpensive way to make a great side dish, and we can easily make two separate batches to accomodate the food allergies that we have in the house!
These parmesan rosemary mashed potatoes are super easy to make, and they are chock full of flavor. (Though Mr. Crunchy still doctors them up. I swear that boy is going to turn into garlic as much as he eats)
To make this recipe allergy friendly, replace the parmesan with Vegan shaker parmesan and rice milk instead of the half and half and regular milk. We usually pull some from the boiled potatoes, make my daughter’s dairy free mashed potatoes, and then make the rest for the rest of the family. That way we can all enjoy the same meal together.
These mashed potatoes are great for Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas or just a regular family night dinner. My kids beg us to make them so often I think Mr. Crunchy and come up with new variations all the time just so we don’t have to eat the same recipe 7 nights a week.
What is your favorite way to make mashed potatoes?
If you liked this recipe, make sure to check out more great Crunchy Frugalista recipes on our Recipe Pinterest board!
- 10 medium potatoes (cut into quarters with skins on)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (finely chopped)+ one fulk stalk of rosemary
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup half and half
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, boil water, garlic, and rosemary stalks and potatoes until potatoes are tender with a fork (approximately 10 minutes)
- Remove potatoes and garlic from the pot, and place in a stand mixing bowl.
- Mix on low to start smashing the potatoes.
- Add the milk and half and half (add more if necessary to make creamy consistency)
- Add parmesan cheese, rosemary, and additional garlic if you desire.
- Continue to blend until the consistency you like ( we like a chunkier mashed potatoes)
- Serve warm.
Join our newsletter
Sign up to get the latest recipes, tips, motivational articles, and crazy stories delivered straight to your inbox.