This post is written on behalf of Ore-Ida potatoes
I grew up in a single parent household, with my mom working two jobs to make ends meet. Because mom worked so much, my sister and I were usually left to cook for ourselves. This was a shame because mom was such a fantastic cook and we missed the time together as a family. On those rare occasions mom was home for the evening meal, we made sure we ate together as a family. Now that I am a mom, I know how important it is to spend meals together as a family and we eat together at least 3-4 nights a week. With my daughter so busy with after school activities, there are many nights we have a late dinner so she can join us. It is worth it to my husband and I to hold off and have a late dinner if it means we can all eat together. Many nights, eating together is the only time we can regroup and catch up with each other. If you need some inspiration for your family dinners, Ore-Ida actually just launched a Pinterest board with bold conversation starters that families can use to get lively conversations started over dinner
Bold and Spicy Philly Cheese Steak Panini:
- 1 loaf of crusty French or Sourdough bread
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced cooked deli roast beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bell pepper (I prefer red), sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 4 slices Mild Cheddar (or any cheese you like)
- 1/4 bag Ore-Ida® Bold and Crispy Smoky BBQ Oven Chips
- Heat closed contact grill or panini maker 5 minutes.
- While you wait for the panini maker to heat up, make Crispy Smoky BBQ Oven Chips according to directions.
- Place 2 slices of bread on grill, close and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from grill.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add bell pepper and onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender.
- Top one slice of bread with one-fourth of the beef and pepper mixture, 4-6 Crispy Smoky BBQ Oven Chips and 1 slice cheese. Top with other slice of bread.
- Place sandwich on grill, close and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with remainder of Crispy Smoky BBQ Oven Chips.
My family just loves these bold and spicy philly cheese steak panini sandwiches. Eating together as a family and finding your bold really builds a stronger family. Check out these chatting ideas from Ore Ida, and some ideas on how to get the conversation started during your bold dinner!
Which of the new Ore-Ida® Bold & Crispy fries would you like to try?