Red, White, and Blue Cupcakes: Perfect for Fourth of July!
- Follow the cake mix instructions, and set batter aside.
- Split the batter into three separate bowls.
- In the first bowl, add approximately 15 drops of blue food coloring (or until desired color of blue)
- In second bowl, add approximately 15 drops of red food coloring (or until desired color of red)
- Leave third bowl white.
- Starting with blue batter, fill cupcake holder 1/3 of the way full.
- Next add another 1/3 with white batter.
- Top off the cupcakes with 1/3 of red batter.
- To get straight across layers, make sure to place batter to the edges of the holder so you can no longer see the bottom layer. This will help ensure straight layers.
- Cook according to cake mix instructions.
- Once cupcakes are cool, frost with cream cheese frosting and top with colored sugar sprinkles!