Life is always full of hustle and bustle. God knows that I am one that totally forgets to slow down and enjoy the simple things. We always feel like there are things to be done, and if we are “relaxing” we must’ve forgotten something! One of my favorite ways to indulge in these simple moments is with a big glass of hot chocolate made with Natural Bliss chocolate creamer. I make my own homemade hot chocolate mix, and warm that bad boy up and lock out the world.
If you have a hard time unwinding and taking care of yourself, I really suggest you follow these simple tips to keep it together. Trust me, when you are go, go go all the time the only thing you are going to get is burnout. Here are some of my favorite things to do while sipping my hot chocolate.
- Take a bath and light some candles
- Read a good book
- Listen to classical music
- Meditate (between sips of course)
- Exchange foot rubs with my kids
- Snuggle up in a comfy robe and blanket and watch a good movie
Whether you are a mom or just really busy it’s so important to take time for yourself even if it’s just 15 minutes a day. It’s amazing how much that little bit of time can recharge you. When I don’t take time daily to take care me, everyone around me suffers because I am a wee bit cranky.
When enjoy your simple moments, make sure to make a great cup of hot cocoa. This recipe is really frugal, plus it takes amazing! Here’s how I make my homemade hot chocolate mix:
Simple Moments with Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 20
- Category: Drinks
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 1/2 Cups High Quality Cocoa Powder (Dutch Processed)
- 1/4 t Salt
- In a large container, mix all ingredients. Store in a cool, dry place.
- To make hot cocoa, heat up 1/2 cup Natural Bliss Chocolate Creamer mixed with 1 cup milk.
- Add 2-3 T of hot cocoa mix, and stir.
- Top with marshmallows or whipped cream.