This homemade smores blizzard contains affiliate links. Scroll down for gluten free blizzard and dairy free blizzard options too!
One of my favorite things about summer is heading to Dairy Queen for a Smores Blizzard. We don’t get them too often, but when we do it’s heaven. Rather than shelling out $4 a pop, I figured that I would make my own copy cat recipe on the smores blizzard. I added a few extras in it, but it tastes just as good if not better than the treat at Dairy Queen.
Smores Blizzard Recipe
FOOD PORN IN YOUR IN BOX
When we were kids, my siblings and I would always stalk the ice cream truck during the summer time. (Ok, I totally admit that sometimes I STILL stalk that darn truck at 34 years old) One of the funniest memories I have as a kid was when we were visiting family in Savannah, and the ice cream truck came by. My sister grabbed a snow cone. You would’ve though she won the lottery.
Well, my dad was being silly and decided to flip her upside down while she was holding her snow cone. Yup, you guessed it the snow cone ended up on the ground with a resounding PLOP!
I don’t remember how old she was just that she cried and was MAAAADDDD. One thing about my sister growing up is that you didn’t want to make her mad. She was quite the evil little elf (Love ya sis).
Now that I have my own family, we are making our own summer time memories.
My kids and I had a blast making up these smores sundaes. They were even easily adapted for my daughter with food allergies (just use coconut milk ice cream and Enjoy Life chocolate chips).
They were deliciously messy and they must have liked them because there weren’t any ingredients left!
This recipe makes approximately 1-2 smores sundaes depending on how much you like in a single serving. I warn you I am an ice cream fiend, so my sundaes tend to be ginormous.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR THIS HOMEMADE BLIZZARD RECIPE
- Ice Cream Scooper
- Sundae Glasses
- Cutting Knife
- Cutting Board
- Unicorn Dessert Spoons
- Blender or Stand Mixer
Easy Homemade Smores Blizzard Ingredients
Making your own homemade blizzard is super simple. You just need 2 ingredients.
- Your favorite ice cream flavor: Classic vanilla is always a great favorite. Want to live dangerously? Then make your smores blizzard with chocolate. There is never too much chocolate in the world.
- Your mix ins: For this homemade smores sundae, we are going to use chocolate chips, marshamllows, and graham crackers. When you want to make another homemade blizzard recipe you can mix and match your favorite mix ins!
As an extra little dash of awesome, we love to top our easy blizzard recipe with chocolate sauce and whipped cream too! Gives it a little extra somethin’ somethin’! You know what I mean?
How to Make a Homemade Blizzard Smores Flavor: Commonly Asked Questions
Can I put more toppings in? Um, heck yes you can. Load that bad boy up!
Can I use frozen yogurt? You can use any type of frozen dessert in your smores blizzard. Just make sure that it is frozen pretty solid before you add everything into your blender.
Can this be dairy free? Sure can! That’s actually how I enjoy it! If you want to make a dairy free blizzard recipe we suggest these great ingredients:
Is this blizzard recipe gluten free? Nope. It is not, but if you take a look at the yummy allergy friendly ingredients above that would make this a gluten free blizzard recipe!
- Want more kick ass food porn? Make sure to sign up for our once weekly foodie newsletter. Simple, delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
- Make sure to also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to keep up with all the Quirky Inspired shenanigans
- 2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup Mini Marshamellows
- 1/2 Chocolate Bar
- 1 Graham Cracker + A few to crumble on top
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Sauce
- This is the easiest recipe known to man. Add as many or as little of all the ingredients that you want.
- In a blender place all of the ingredients. Blend it only until the ingredients are combined.
- Then place in a dish.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and graham cracker crumbs!
Want to make them for a crowd? Double or triple the recipe in a food processor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 580Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 220mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 3gSugar: 63gProtein: 8g