Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
They always said a way to a man’s heart is through is stomach. These delicious Chocolate Chip Cupcakes are sure to shoot straight through his heart with their deliciously light and fluffy cake with a hint of chocolate, topped with succulent cream cheese frosting!
Now that I have your attention, I have to let you know these cupcakes look like a million dollars, but they are really easy to do! Garnished with a gorgeous chocolate drizzle, these cupcakes will be the rave of any Valentine’s day event. (You can even show up the other homeroom moms at the kids Valentine’s party)
Before you make the cupcakes, you are going to want to make the topper first, and allow it time to dry. To do this, head to the Dollar Store and grab ketchup and mustard containers. You know the ugly bright yellow and red ones you see at picnics. These are your secret weapon.
In a bowl microwave approximately 2 ounces of chocolate stirring every 30 seconds. Once it is melted, put in the bottles and place the cap back on. Lay out a piece of wax paper, and get creative! Make hearts, arrows, words, anything that would look fabulous on top of your cupcakes. (We did the words “love” and “cupid”. Then we made hearts, arrows, and other squiggly designs)
Allow those to dry, or place them in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden. While those are hardening, move onto the cupcakes and icing
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Softened Unsalted Butter
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1½ t Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1½ t Baking Powder
- ¼ t Salt
- ¼ cup Milk
- 4 ounces Softened Unsalted Butter
- 5 ounces Softened Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder and blend together.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until blended.
- Add one egg at a time, and continue beating.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Adding a little bit at a time, add the flour mixture and mix until no longer lumpy on medium speed.
- Fill cupcake pan ¾ full, and bake approximately 12-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before icing.
- In medium mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and butter on medium-low speed.
- Continue beating and add vanilla.
- Add a little bit of powdered sugar at a time, and blend until completely mixed.
- To get the striped effect on cupcakes, use decorating gel and stripe the sides of an icing piping bag. Put icing in bag, and frost cupcakes. For a darker color, you can use food coloring to get a more distinct stripe.
Join our newsletter
Sign up to get the latest recipes, tips, motivational articles, and crazy stories delivered straight to your inbox.