One of the most underestimated flavors of fall is Maple! When you think fall recipes it’s all about the pumpkin. This fall on the blog it’s all about the maple! We started out last week with an amazing cinnamon crumble maple cheesecake that is to die for, and this week we are cooking up these delish apple maple breakfast rolls. They are a spin off of our cinnamon roll recipe, and these are OH so good!
Minnesota has a lot of great places that you can see them tap the maple trees each year. Since this is our first official fall in Minneapolis, we hope to find a great farm to do that. They always have yummy maple treats as well. (Still trying to figure out how to make maple candy)
Apples are another great fall flavor that is totally missed thanks to Senor Pumpkin, but in this recipe you get both of these great fall flavors all melded together in this delicious breakfast dish. (No need for pumpkin here)
These apple maple breakfast rolls are really easy to make, and you can make it even easier by using a bread machine (I would sleep with my bread machine if I could). Just start the rising process in the wee hours of the morning (or the night before) then finish up when you are ready to eat. It’s that easy!
- Dough Ingredients
- ¼ cup milk (80-90 degrees)
- ¼ cup +2 Tbsp water (80-90 degrees)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter cut in pieces
- ½ tsp salt
- 2½ cups bread machine or bread flour
- 2¼ tsp active dry yeast
- One Cup Apples (cubed)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 T cinnamon
- Maple Glaze
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- Using a bread machine, place the dry ingredients (in the order listed) in the machine, and place on your machine's dough setting.
- While the dough is rising, cube the apples and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover with cinnamon and sugar and coat. Allow to set.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Once dough is risen, place on a really well floured counter and roll out with a rolling pin.
- Baste the inside with melted butter, and then coat with apple cinnamon mixture.
- Once mixture is placed roll to make on long roll. (Roll using the short side)
- Cut rolls approximately 2-3 inches wide until the entire roll is cut.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and cook in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes (or until golden brown)
- When rolls have about 10 minutes left, make your glaze.
- In a pot, melt 4 Tbsp of butter and maple sugar together stirring constantly.
- Add in powdered sugar a little bit at a time.
- Once melted remove from heat and allow to set for approximately 2-3 minutes until glaze thickens.
- Now that the rolls are down, place on a plate and drizzle with the maple glaze.
Join our newsletter
Sign up to get the latest recipes, tips, motivational articles, and crazy stories delivered straight to your inbox.