Every now and again the Crunchy kids surprise me. They heard this song on one of their favorite shows called bacon pancakes. The rest is history. I mean how wrong can you go putting bacon and pancakes together right? After I got back from my trip, my kids were on a mission to make the ultimate bacon pancakes. Here is a little video for you to get you in the mood for these fantastic breakfast treats.
These pancakes are a great blend of sweet and salty, and they are so easy that my kids cooked them. Obviously if you have younger kids, you will want to supervise them in the kitchen especially with the bacon.
My favorite part about these pancakes is that they are soy, dairy, and egg free. You can substitute eggs and regular milk in them, but honestly my family doesn’t notice the difference. It’s also less expensive to make them this way as well.
Now onto the recipe. I am super proud Crunchy mama to say that my kids made this recipe. From start to finish this is their creation, and I have to add they were mighty tasty. Now if I can just get the bacon pancakes song out of my head I would be one happy mama!Print
Bacon Pancakes, Makin’ Bacon Pancakes
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 5
- 1/2 pound bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 1 T white sugar
- 1 1/4 cup rice milk or coconut milk
- Egg Substitute Recipe(not to be confused with egg substitute in a carton)
- 3 T Oil
- Cook your bacon and set aside
- In a bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together and mix with a whisk.
- In the middle, make a little hole and put the wet ingredients. Beat until smooth.
- Blend in crumbled bacon.
- Heat a griddle or pan on medium and coat with oil. When heated use a 1/4 cup of batter and cook until brown on both sides.
- Serve Warm.
If you like this recipe, make sure to check out these other great posts too!
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- Homemade Pancakes Recipe