Chef Salad Recipe That’s Crisp, Creamy Perfection
This is chef salad recipe may contain affiliate links, but mama’s gotta eat. Yo!
What is a better way to celebrate warmer months than with a kick ass homemade chef salad recipe.
It’s a super power way to sneak in some vegetables, plus get dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. Hells, to the yeah!
When I was a kid, you couldn’t pay me to eat veggies. Douse a salad with homemade ranch dressing, then dump a truck ton of meat and cheese, and I was digging in.
The best part about this chef salad recipe is that it’s a choose your own adventure for your fork!
Customize it, add some bacon, change the cheese up. It’s your plate, yo! Make sure that you enjoy it!
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR THIS HOMEMADE CHEF SALAD
- This is Where I Murder Vegetables Cutting Board
- Chef’s Knife
- Cheese Grater
- Vegetable Peeler
- Egg Slicer (if you are a sucker for kitchen gadgets like I am)
Chef Salad Ingredients
What typically goes into a chef salad? Chef salad normally has the following ingredients:
- Turkey and/or ham
- Tomatoes (if you like that sort of thang)
- Hard boiled eggs
- Salad Dressing (Typically ranch dressing, but this honey mustard dressing is the bomb too!)
Wanna get crazy? You could also top this salad with my easy peasy homemade croutons
COOKING TIPS AND TRICKS: COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the best lettuce? Normally chef salad contains romaine or iceburg lettuce. Don’t let that stop you, baby! Red lettuce? Sure, why not! Spinach? Go crazy with your bad self. Just make sure to pick bright lettuce so that stuff is fresh, yo!
What if I don’t like (insert ingredient here)? Typically chef salad has tomatoes in it, do you see any tomatoes in my pictures? NOPE, that’s because this home slice really doesn’t care for fresh tomatoes. If something isn’t your jam, then just take it off. We won’t judge.
What is the best cheese? Cheddar and/or swiss cheese are the “typical” cheeses for this salad. Just like anything else though, we are all about you walking your path. If your taste buds are screaming out for some pepper jack, DO IT!
How to Make Your Own Chef Salad
MUST TRY SUMMER SALADS:
- Southwest Chicken Salad
- Peach and Bacon Salad
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Easy Italian Cold Pasta Salad
- Want more kick ass food porn? Make sure to sign up for our once weekly foodie newsletter. Simple, delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
- Make sure to also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to keep up with all the Quirky Inspired shenanigans
- One Head of Romaine Lettuce (Chopped)
- 1 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Turkey Cubed
- 1/4 Cup Ham Cubed
- 1/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Bacon (Chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Ranch Dressing
- In a large bowl, place the torn lettuce
- Drizzle bowl with Ranch Dressing, and toss until coated
- Top the salad with ham, turkey, bacon, and cheese and give it another light toss
- Top with chopped hard boiled eggs.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Want to make a chef salad for a crowd? Just double or triple this recipe!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g