This is a sponsored post on behalf of Pillsbury™.
This cinnamon roll braid recipe with chocolate and cream cheese is one of my new favorites! In the kitchen, it’s fun to play around with semi-homemade recipes. Figured since spring is right around the corner, I’d find a new brunch recipe or Easter recipe to make something delicious for my family.
This cinnamon roll braid recipe has chocolate and cream cheese for days and is quickly becoming a new favorite in our house. (How can you go wrong with chocolate and cream cheese, right?!?!)
From start to finish this cinnamon roll braid recipe of awesomeness takes less than 30 minutes. Yup, that fast! You know how I like my food quick and easy. This cinnamon roll recipe is no exception. Thanks to Pillsbury Grands!™ Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing, and some cooking magic you can make these awesome braided cinnamon rolls too!
Cinnamon Roll Braid Recipe of Awesomeness
Now that I have my own family, we celebrate Ostara. While there may not be Easter bonnets and Sunday church we definitely still love celebrating the beginning of spring! After a long hard Minnesota winter, it’s a time for a gathering of friends and family to welcome sunshine!
Nothing brings sunshine (or a smile on your face) better than delicious food and kick butt friends to enjoy it with! This cinnamon rolls braid recipe will definitely put a smile on their faces! The best part about this delish recipe is you can customize it to make it your own. Put more chocolate in it or add some caramel. There’s SO much yumminess that could happen!
If you love this recipe, you might also want to check out these great ideas:
Cinnamon Roll Braid Recipe with Chocolate and Cream Cheese
This semi-homemade cinnamon roll braid recipe has chocolate and cream cheese going on for days. It will make your guests THINK you spent all day slaving away in the kitchen, but it’ll be our little secret that it took you less than 20 minutes from making to done. (I promise I won’t tell)
- 1 Can of Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 8 oz block of Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- On a lined baking sheet, roll out the cinnamon rolls making sure they are next to each other. Cut the cinnamon rolls in half.
- Place the cinnamon roll rows, flat on a cookie sheet so you have a tall but skinny section of unrolled cinnamon rolls.
- In a mixer, or with a hand mixer, place the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Down the center of the cinnamon rolls, put the cream cheese mixture, and then top with chocolate chips
- Alternating sides, fold the first cinnamon roll from the left over the middle mixture, then fold the right side. Continue until the cinnamon roll is “braided” all the way to the top.
- Place in the oven at 350 for 12-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and drizzle with melted chocolate and cinnamon roll icing.
- Allow to cool before serving.