One of my favorite things to splurge on during the cold winter months is the caramel apple cider at Starbucks! It’s so warm, sweet and fresh. It really makes me feel like I am indulging without diving into the calories of a venti white mocha! After watching them make it for me year after year, I decided I would take a crack at making my own! It generally cost me $3-$5 to indulge at Starbucks. This recipe only costs $.75 for a Venti-sized drink!
Caramel Apple Cider
This recipe is SO easy, you are going to wonder why you were ever dishing out $4 a pop to Starbucks! I may be biased, but I actually like my copy cat recipes better. Starbucks uses apple juice where this recipe actually uses cider, and it’s STILL cheaper! All you need for this recipe is apple cider, Smuckers Caramel Sauce, and whipped cream. That is it! Don’t stop there though, feel free to add some crumbled gingerbread cookies or toffee to the top of your drink for a little extra added crunch!
How would you drink your caramel apple cider? What other Starbucks drinks would you like copy cat recipes for?
Copy Cat Recipe: Caramel Apple Cider!
- Apple Cider (any brand)
- Smuckers Caramel Sauce
- Whipped Topping
- You can make this as an individual serving, or make a whole batch.
- Pour about 8 ounces of apple cider in a mug, and heat in a microwave for about 1 minute
- Remove from the microwave and add as much or as little caramel as you want.
- Top with your favorite whipped topping, and then drizzle with more caramel.
- To save some calories, skip the caramel in the drink. Just drizzle it on top. It’s just as wonderful, and a lighter version!