If your muscles are crying like a little bitch after a long day, then pay attention NOW! Pin this homemade epsom salts detox bath recipe.
Yes, I’m pointing to you! It’s time to make yourself a priority and LISTEN to your body. This detox bath salts are CRAZY easy to whip up! Your muscles and body will thank you!
Homemade Epsom Salts Detox Bath Recipe: Take This Day and Shove It
Always having a love for essential oils and how they can really make you feel better, I poured over the Internet on how to make homemade bath salts.
There were so many different methods, and it was really overwhelming. After many trial and error, and smelling like every essential oil over the sun, I decided to make things simple. That’s how this recipe was born.
What is Epsom Salt?
When I started making these bath salt recipes, I wondered WTF is Epsom salt. On the bag of Epsom salts I get from Target, the bag says how it’s a great muscle relaxer and also great to relieve constipation.
Yup, THAT is what I want to think about when soaking my cares away in the tub.
Don’t panic though, you have to DRINK the epsom salts for the laxative effects. As long as you don’t gulp bath water (ewwww, who does that), you are safe!
Funny act about Epsom salt, is that it’s not really salt.
It’s named for the town Epsom, a town in Surrey, England, where this compound of magnesium and sulfate.
It’s been used for hundreds of years to pull out the toxins in your body and replace it with the Epsom salt compound.
Combine that with the kick ass super powers of essential oils, and you have a relaxing bath that will have you feeling sublime at the end of a hard day.
Is Done an Emotion?
Yup, this Take This Day and Shove it bath salt recipe is my “break glass in case of emergency.”
- Day at work suck? Check
- Kids crying non stop? Check
- Nothing planned for dinner and everyone’s crying and hungry? Check
- Want to run away to a tropical island and call yourself Juanita? Check
- Check, check, and OMFG check
This homemade bath salt recipe is for THOSE kinds of days.
I can’t buy you a private jet to save you from the chaos that is your life. If I could we would TOTALLY both be flying first class!
What I can promise you is that this bath soak will help you forget the suckage for at least 10 minutes of your day!
When my muscles are crying abuse, I whip up this epsom salts detox bath recipe and soak away.
It’s SO much cheaper to make your own bath salts than to buy them too.
I get an 8 lb bag of Epsom Salts at Target for about $5, and then buy essential oils online.
Rather than paying $10 for a teeny tiny itty bitt bag of bath salts, I make my own bath salts for less than $1 per use! #Score!
Epsom Salts Detox Supplies
Here’s everything you need to make your epsom salts detox bath recipe:
- Epsom Salt
- Small jar with lid
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Orange Essential Oil
- Small Measuring Cup
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Purple Food Coloring (Optional)
Homemade Detox Bath Salts
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Beauty
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops citrus fresh essential oil
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- Lavender Flowers (optional)
- In a glass or metal bowl, place the Epsom alt. It’s really important to use glass or metal so the essential oils won’t break down the bowl and release plastic resin into your salts.
- Place 5 drops of each essential oil into the Epsom salt, and mix with a metal spoon.
- Carefully spoon into a glass jar, and seal. Make sure the jar is air tight to avoid getting moisture into the salts.
- Optional place a spoonful of lavender flowers on top for extra flare.
- Place 2 Tbsp of salts in your bath to start out with (and work up to 2 cups of salts 2-3 times a week)
- •These salts take less than 5 minutes to make, and add a cute jar and some twine to make a good gift for your friends and family!
Keywords: Detox Bath Salts, Homemade Epsom Salts Detox Bath Recipe, Epsom Salts Detox
See, that’s easy, peasy, lemon squeezy. And in case you are lying to yourself that you don’t have TIME for you. You need to read these:
- How to relieve stress even when you are busy AF
- Make Yourself a Priority Even When You have NO f*cking Time
After you’re done with that, and you realize how much Me time you can find for your awesome self, check out these other homemade bath beauties.
- 25 Homemade Bath Salts and Scrubs
- Peppermint Foot Scrub to Pamper Your Tootsies
- Chocolate Peppermint Sugar Body Scrub