Disclosure: I did receive free Julep Product to facilitate my review, but all opinions are my own.
I am so excited, I am a Julep Maven! What’s a Julep Maven you ask? It’s a great program where you can get a shipment of your favorite Julep products direct to your door. This was my first time using Julep nail products, but I have to say that I am in love.
LOVE JULEP MAVEN BOXES
Normally my fingers stay pretty plain. Being an avid gardener, finger nail polish doesn’t ever seem to last on me. Eventually, I just gave it up. Since I was able to try the American Beauty Julep Maven collection, my fingers are colorful again. The maven kit has such great products in it. In my first American Beauty kit, I received
- Renee – American Beauty: spring lilac crème
- Emma – American Beauty: Soft and feminine seashell pink shimmer
- Best Pedi Crème Ever! exfoliate, hydrate, and nourish your feet
Beyond the polish, the pedi creme was amazing! Within just a few uses my feet were feeling fabulous. The polish are nice and thick and I didn’t find that they were chipping as easily as other nail polishes usually do. The colors were super cute too!
HOW TO MARBLE YOUR NAIL POLISH
To get a little creative, I decided to learn how to marble my nail polish. Using my two nail polishes from the American Beauty Maven box, I gave it a shot. I have to say that they came out pretty nicely if I do say so myself! Don’t know how to marble your polish? It’s actually really easy. Just follow these simple steps.
1. Get a bowl of water (make sure it’s room temperature)
2. Using tape, tape the edges of your finger nail so you won’t get polish all over your finger.
3. Open the nail polishes that you are going to use. You have to move quickly once the polish is in the water so this helps to be able to go faster.
4. Drop alternating drops of polish on the top of the water. They should start to spread out.
5. After adding all the drops take a toothpick and swirl the colors until you get a pattern you like. (Do this quickly as the polish dries quickly)
6. Before the polish dries, find a spot you love the pattern and dip your nail against. Your nail should stay under the water for a few seconds.
7. Use a toothpick to twirl all the polish still on the water. It should wrap nicely around the toothpick.
8. Remove the tape, and use a Q-tip dipped in remover to remove any excess polish.
GET YOUR FIRST MAVEN BOX FOR ONE PENNY!
Now that you know how to marble your nail polish, it’s time to get really excited. Usually American Beauty Maven boxes are $20 each! Well, just for Crunchy readers when you sign up for your first Maven box, you can get it for only FREE!. That’s because Julep rocks!
Head here to get your Julep Maven box! Just remember to use Julep Coupon code FREEBOX to get your first box for only $FREE! Just pay $3.99 shipping