15+ Military Homecoming Ideas : Welcome Home Ideas
Something I don’t share too much on the blog is the fact that I am a Navy brat. Yup, it’s how I ended up being born in Hawaii. (Never gonna use that as a security question again).
Growing up, my dad always loved to tell me that he was coming back from time at sea, and had the periscope guy look on the docks to see if my mom was rocking her baby bump because he didn’t know if she would still be pregnant when he got back.
Having been born a Navy brat, and having a family that has a lot of military history, it makes me proud to help welcome home our troops after long deployments. Just thinking about military homecoming ideas makes me tear up.
(Yep, I am a sap) If you have a loved one in the military, or just like supporting our troops, you need to check out these great welcome home gift ideas.
Gift Idea for Military Family Members Coming Home
Need a gift idea for military friends and family? Whether you are looking for a welcome home gift idea or a deployment gift idea, we have a great list of things that will sure to make the soldier in your life feel appreciated!
Below are some of our some great gift ideas for military family members:
- Wallet Insert: This is a sweet pre-deployment gift idea so that no matter where they are in the world your military family member will realize that you are always thinking of them!
- Matching Dog Tag Jewelry: When your loved one deploys, having a sentimental deployment gift they can wear even when they are in uniform will help the time they are deployed go by faster.
- Welcome Home Gift Basket: There are a lot of things that your loved one was craving from home when they were on deployment. This cool welcome home gift basket idea is a fun way to put all their favorite things in a cool gift! A Troop’s Welcome Home Basket (liquor, movies, and lots of yummy goodies):
5. Welcome Home Beer “Cake”: If your loved one misses their favorite brew, this fun welcome home beer cake is a fun idea. The great part is it will work with anything that is in a can. You could even make it with their favorite pop!
Welcome Home Gift Ideas: Military Homecoming Celebration
Once deployment is over, it’s time to welcome your solider back with open arms! These are some fun homemade welcome home gifts. Also some great welcome home ideas to show how grateful that your military loved one made it home safely.
You can have a great welcome home from deployment celebration using these homemade and home cooked military gift ideas!
- Patriotic Parade Wands: Get the kids involved to make these cute patriotic wands to wave as your loved one comes home!
- Homemade Patriotic Vase and Candle Burner: This is another great kids craft that the kids can make while they are waiting for daddy or mommy to come home from deployment!
- Tasty Red, White and Blue Cupcakes: This semi-homemade cupcake recipe is really easy to make, and would be perfect for a military homecoming party. A fun little nod to welcoming your military loved one home.
Military Welcome Home Signs and Decorations
Having military welcome home signs makes coming home that much more special. These are great ideas for airport signs to welcome the military home. Yard signs for your military family member, and more!
Personalize Welcome Home Banner: This one touched my heart because my dad’s name is David. It’s awesome because you can personalize it and put it on your military family members front yard.
Welcome Home Soldier Sign: This is a fun sign because you can put it inside your house or outside of your family members house so they can see it as soon as they get home.