Of course when it comes to fall one of the first flavors people think of is pumpkin. I wasn’t going to do pumpkin recipes this year, but my kids literally begged me to make them my pumpkin cookies. (Guess they were a little more attached to them than I had thought)
Our family has a tradition during the fall where we all go outside and rake up all the fallen leaves, and then get the outside of our home ready for winter. After a long hard day, we head into the kitchen and enjoy some time in the kitchen together. Sometimes we make pumpkin cupcakes or other times we make pumpkin bread. This year the kids wanted to bring back the pumpkin cookies!
Check out this caramel pumpkin cheesecake bar recipe
The warm hints of cinnamon and nutmeg in these cookies remind me of the warmth of a fire after coming in from a crisp fall afternoon. The hearty pumpkin sends me back to our adventures in pumpkin patches picking out the biggest pumpkin we can find.
These cookies were made with lots of love and fond memories. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!Print
Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 20
- Category: Dessert
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 C Butter Room Temperature
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Cloves
- 2 3/4 C Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 t Vanilla
- Ingredients for Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together brown sugar and butter.
- Then blend in pumpkin.
- Next mix in eggs adding one egg at a time.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients
- Adding a 1/4 cup at a time mix dry mixture into wet mixture.
- (If batter is a bit runny, add an additional 1/4 cup of flour at a time until batter looks like cookie dough)
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet and baked for 12-18 minutes until slightly browned on top.
- Allow to cool.
- For frosting:
- Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar adding 1/4 cup at a time.
- Blend in cinnamon and whip until fluffy.
What are some of your favorite fall pumpkin recipes?
If you liked this recipe, make sure to check out these other great Fall recipes:
- Maple Crumble Cheesecake
- Copy Cat Caramel Apple Cider
- Apple Maple Breakfast Rolls
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
Kayla @ TheEclecticElement says
Those look absolutely amazing! Anything with cream cheese frosting is bound to be a hit in my book ^.^
It’s funny, but we’ve been living at our current house for 12+ years and you don’t realize when you don’t have trees and leaves to rake in the fall how much you really miss that tradition!