7 Tips to Sleep Through The Night for Busy Women
“This post is sponsored by Kohl’s. I was paid for this post and received the included pajamas as compensation.”
I’ve always loved sleep, but once I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia I really learn just how important it is to get a good night’s sleep!
Don’t think bedtime routines are just for kids anymore. These 7 tips to sleep through the night will help you count sheep in a snap of your stylish little fingers.
If you are always wondering ‘Why Am I So Tired?’ Make sure to click here for the answer to that!
7 Tips to Sleep Through the Night for Busy Women
1.Don’t Exercise Before Bed: It might be hard to get your workout in, but right before bedtime is definitely NOT the time to do it. That wakes your body up more and will make it hard to fall asleep easily and will make it harder to sleep through the night.
2.Wear Comfortable Pajamas: Wearing comfortable pajamas are definitely a must! Plus, if you can find some that are cute AND cuddly it’s even better!
I was in need of a new plus-sized pajamas set, so I headed to Kohl’s to see what goodies they had in the store. Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with pajamas sets.
Being plus-sized, and pear-shaped, it’s always so hard to figure out if the bottoms will fit without the tops swallowing me. That’s why I prefer to shop for plus sized pajamas in the store.
My youngest and I had so much fun checking out the pajamas section. Not only did I find a silky soft pair of Vera Wang pajamas, I found an adorable fluffy bathrobe by Sonoma with sheep on it to go with it!
This makes a lot of sense that I mixed and matched brands because I love the luxurious silky soft feel of Vera Wang (because, I’m sophisticated, yo’) and I love the quirkiness of the fluffy Sonoma plus sized bathrobe.
This is definitely one of my favorite tips to sleep through the night. Having pajamas that almost lure you to sleep is a great way to relax, and tell your body that it’s bedtime!
3. Establish a Bed Time Routine: When people hear ‘bedtime routine’, they think it’s just for kids, but it actually helps for adults to have a routine as well. Here are a few examples of what I do to get ready for bed. I’ve included a leisurely night and a busy night example.
Busy Night Bed Time Routine:
- Sip Chamomile Hot Tea 30 Minutes Before Bed
- Listen to Calming Music (This is Great to Do While You’re Getting the Kids in Bed)
- Put on Your Comfy Pajamas and Comfy Robe
Leisurely Bed Time Routine
- Take a Hot Bath
- Wrap Yourself Up in Your Comfy Pajamas Set and Robe
- Read a Good Book (Nothing too exciting though, and don’t read in bed ;))
If you struggle with falling to sleep, then check out 5 easy tips to fall asleep easily
4. Let there be Darkness: Sleeping with a dark room, will help lights from interrupting your sleep. Even if you don’t have heavy curtains to block out the light.
You can grab a sleeping mask that is comfortable and works really well to block out those rays. For an extra added bonus put a few drops of lavender essential oil on the elastic on the mask (the part that goes around your head). It will help you relax and stay asleep a little better.
5. Go To Bed and Get Up at the Same Time: This may sound harder to do when you are a busy lady, but it’s really important.
When we change our bedtimes, it gets our body all out of whack and we wake up exhausted. Even if you are attempted to watch your favorite show at night, it’s better to get to bed on time than to catch up with your latest obsession.
Our bodies have these cool things called circadian rhythms which tell our bodies what “time” it is without having to use a clock. Keep your bedtime and wake time the same and eventually, your body will let you sleep and wake you up on its own!
6. Avoid Drinking Lots of Water Before Bed: It’s great to have a small glass of water on your nightstand, but you don’t want to guzzle it.
Drinking lots of water right before you go to bed is a sure fired way to have your bladder wake you up in the middle of the night.
Even if you keep things dark, and stumble your way to the bathroom, you do wake up. That means your body has to start the falling asleep cycle ALL over again! Interrupted sleep makes for one very fussy mommy!
7. Keep Yourself at a Comfortable Temperature: It’s really important if you want a better night’s sleep to make sure you are comfortable while you sleep.
During REM sleep (the super awesome cycles of sleep that happen when you are soundly asleep) our body is so busy counting sheep it really can’t regulate your body temperature.
That’s why it’s important to be neither too hot or too cold! If you are, then you won’t have the REM cycles you need to get a great night’s sleep! (pssst…..a really good pair of pajamas can help you with this, just sayin’)
Now that you’ve gotten through all 7 tips to sleep through the night, make sure you check out Kohl’s plus-sized pajamas line! Vera Wang, Sonoma, Croft & Borrow clothing lines have pajamas for everyone!
My blog may contain links to other websites. I am not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites. When you click on a link, your information may be collected by those websites so I encourage you to read their privacy policies.
Any affiliate links are not associated with Kohl’s.
Join our newsletter
Sign up to get the latest recipes, tips, motivational articles, and crazy stories delivered straight to your inbox.