Tired of feeling burnt out? Then you need to check out these 10 frugal ways to pamper yourself! This is a great post to share how to make a little me time possible while staying in your budget. Plus, it’s part of our 30 day no soda challenge! Beyond pampering, you also get, kick ass support which is a key to success when quitting bad habits.
Anytime you are trying to change your life, like quitting a bad habit, it’s really important to have some rewards that really rock your socks off. It gives you even more incentive to quit, plus you’ll start looking forward to the treat more than you will missing your former drink of choice (or whatever bad habit you are trying to quit). If you haven’t joined yet, make sure to check out how to quit drinking soda by joining up the 30 Day No Soda Challenge. It’s a great way to get support trying to kick your soda habit!
You guys know that I am a BIG advocate about making me time a priority. That’s why I’m always telling you guys it’s so important to learn how to make yourself a priority. Life is too short to not take care of yourself, and learn just how awesome that you are. That’s why when you set a goal to break bad habits, it’s important to do it with support, and an awesome way to reward yourself for doing a kick ass job!
10 Frugal Ways to Pamper Yourself
Monthly Subscription Boxes: Monthly subscription boxes are ALL the rage right now. It’s like Christmas in your mail box every month! There are so many to choose from, and here are some of my absolute favorites.
- Julep Maven Nail Polish: Each month you get a new Julep nail set. Love this polish because it’s free of the four big bad chemicals in most other nail polishes. Want to check out why I love it! Check out this how to marble nail polish tutorial that I did using Julep! Plus, when you join Julep Maven box sets you get a 3 nail polish free gift ($42 value!) Just use code TAKEOFF!
- Love with Food: You’ve got to eat, so you might as well spoil yourself a bit. Love with Food is deliciously awesome goodness that hops in your mail once a month. We’ve loved trying some of our favorite organic and yummy new snacks. It’s a great way to try new snacks before you buy the whole bag
- There are three different Love with Food boxes that you can try here. They are absolutely delicious
- If you have to be gluten-free like me, you can get 50% off your very first gluten-free subscription box from Love with Food!
- California Wine Club: Did you say WINE? Of course we did, what’s a monthly subscription box list without wine. I’ve been trying to get into red wines for a while now, and this monthly subscription is an awesome way to try new wines, or heck just get your normal wine habit delivered to your door!
- With your first order, you get two FREE bottles of wine when you use coupon code 2EXTRA on your very California Wine Club first order!
- Sock Panda: Funky socks are an awesome way to express your quirky side. with sock box, you get a fun pair of quirky socks each month! Plus, right now when you subscribe for six months you get the seventh month free. I can’t wait to get my cool new socks! Just use Sock Panda coupon code SPRINGSOCKS
Indulge Your Favorite Hobby: Right now my newest addiction is knitting. Hubby wants to kill me for dropping $100 on yarn in the last two weeks, but hey it’s all good since I gave up drinking soda. Craftsy is my favorite place to score great deals on yarn. What’s your favorite hobby? Check these awesome online hobby classes! If you don’t want to pay to learn a new hobby you can even get free online craft classes.
- Craftsy Online Hobby Classes
- Free Online Knitting Classes
- Free Online Quilting Classes
- Free Online Sewing Classes
- Grow and Make Kits: LOVE love love these! If you’ve ever wanted to make your own lip balm, make your own wine or beer, or make your own soap Grow and Make kits are awesome. They have a TON of different kits to help you learn a new hobby. I love making my own lip balm, so I was super excited to get my hands on that kit!
- Make Your Own Wine
- Make Your Own Beer
- Make Your Own Lip Balm
- DIY Canning and Pickling
Books and Audiobooks galore:
- Audible.com: If you love books, but have no time to read, then Audible is your friend. I just finished my 30 days free trial on Audible.com, and now I am subscribed because I get a free audio book every month with my monthly subscription. I listen while I work!
- Kindle Unlimited: For less than $10 a month, you can get access to thousands of ebook titles on Kindle Unlimited. I read way too fast, so it’s not frugal for me to buy books. Instead, I have a Kindle Unlimited Subscription so I never run out of books to read!
- Book of the Month Club: Are you a bibliophile? You can get a new book each month! Book of the month club is a frugal way to splurge on yourself, plus get your reading fix on!
- Save 50% off a 3 month Book of the Month Subscription with coupon code APR50
- Right now you can save $10 off a 3 month or 12 month Book of the Month Subscription using coupon code BOOK10
- If you love Mystery books, you can get your very first mystery book for only $1 when you join the Mystery Guild Book of the Month Club
Movies, Sports, and Concerts, Oh, My The hubster and I really enjoy going to see movies and sports events. Though, we are too frugal to spend full price on tickets. That’s why I’m always checking online retailers for the best deals on concerts, sporting events and movies. Here are two of my favorite places to find great deals on all these.
- Groupon: Save big on daily deals on local sporting events and concerts. I always check Groupon first!
- Fandango: Pre-order movie tickets, get deals for members and see your favorite movies first!
Weekend Getaway: Want to get away? Save up just a few months, and you could easily save up for a fun getaway for two. Grab grandma, have her watch the kids, and head to a B&B for a few days. That runs you like $200-$400. Yep, that sounds so much better than soda!
The Skies The Limit: These are just a few ideas to get you started. What ever blows your skirt up, promise yourself that you CAN have it (just keep it legal, ok?! Lol) Mix up a list of instant gratification goodies and a few you would like to save up for. Trust me it won’t be long before you won’t be worried about the soda you used to think was important.
Hands down these frugal ways to pamper yourself can be the difference between success and failure when trying to quit a bad habit or make changes in your life. This was the number 2 reasons that I was finally able to quit drinking soda after nearly 25 years as a soda drinker. It helped me look forward to pampering myself rather than continuing my bad habits. I’ve never been one to spend a lot of money on myself, so the fact these were frugal ways to pamper yourself helped ease my guilt of spending money on me. There! Now you have permission to use these frugal ways to pamper yourself. Now you have no more excuses to not spend time on yourself and rock your awesome.
What other frugal ways to pamper yourself are you going to spoil yourself rotten with? Me, I have a massage appointment with my name on it!
Join our newsletter
Sign up to get the latest recipes, tips, motivational articles, and crazy stories delivered straight to your inbox.