An addicting cake batter muddy buddy recipe that is so easy and tasty! You will not be disappointed!
As a child, I always remember munching on muddy buddies or also known as puppy chow. I have always been a huge fan and I am still am of them.
What are some of your favorite snacks that you remember loving from your childhood? I was always obsessed with chocolate, muddy buddies, and granola bars mostly. What can I say, they’re all great.
They are super addicting, almost like popcorn where you cannot have just a few pieces. It’s the type of snack where you can get lost in a television show or something similar and notice half the bowl is gone. Oh no! Thank goodness for the big box of chex rice cereal! You can almost get two batches from one box.
That happens here just a little too much, I might have to say. That’s why I happen to know the box of cereal almost makes two batches.
If you have any kiddos in the house, it’s almost a perfect snack to pack in their lunch or great as an after-school snack. Anyone will love it.
For the muddy buddies, I knew that I wanted them to taste like cake batter – who doesn’t love cake batter? It’s already pretty sweet, so you do not have to add hardly any extra sugar in.
You will need to make sure you have a ziplock bag handy because you will need it to shake everything together. Perfect activity for the kiddos to help you, if they like doing that. If they are younger, I would make sure they do not help with the warm chocolate part because that could get really messy in a second or two. Once the chocolate and chex rice cereal is added, you then can allow them to shake it.
I always wanted to help in the kitchen when I was younger. Did you?Print
Cake Batter Muddy Buddies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 5 cups rice chex cereal
- 10 ounces vanilla almond bark
- 3/4 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup funfetti sprinkles
- Prepare the vanilla almond bark by following the directions on the back of the package to melt. Once melted, add to a large mixing bowl and mix together with the rice chex cereal.
- Combine the yellow cake mix, confectioners sugar, and funfetti sprinkles to a large ziplock bag, add in the cereal and melted chocolate mix. Shake together until all of the cereal pieces are covered.
- Remove the mixture from the bag and place mixture on a large baking sheet, spread them out evenly to allow them to cool and dry. Store in a large bag or a large container.
We always called it puppy chow and made it the same way every time, with chocolate, PB and powdered sugar. The cake batter idea is unique. My concern with the cake batter is that it would taste to chalky, at least in consistency. You didn’t use too much, so that probably eliminated that concern.
Mind Exploded!! you’ve just made puppy chow 10x better to me now 😉