5 Tools That Take the Suck Out of Cooking
This post contains affiliate links, but all awesome and yum we own.
If you are anything like me, you loathe cooking. Yup, you read that right I’m a food blogger that really can’t stand cooking. My name is Ashley, and I really hate cooking! “Hi, Ashley”
Growing up, my mom was this amazing cook. When I left the house, I was proud that I made a mean egg sandwich. That’s all I knew how to cook.
Eating the same thing OVER and OVER again got extremely boring, so I opted to hit the freezer section at my grocery store. After years of that, I realized that I was sick and tired of the bland boxed foods but I really didn’t have the time nor the patience to spend hours whipping up gourmet meals.
Don’t get me wrong, we ALL have those days where the fact we had a freezer lasagna probably kept us out of jail.
In the last 10 years of blogging, I’ve found that magical line between eating amazing food that also doesn’t take FOREVER to prepare.
It’s this magical mythical world that you can join too if you just read up on the 5 tools that take the suck out of cooking.
Learn from me your Padawan (you get extra cool points if you just got that Star Wars reference) and check out the 5 tools that saved my family from eating dinner from a box (whether that be a take out box or pantry box) and also helped me keep my sanity.
Tools EVERY Short Cut Kitchen Should Have
1. Crock-Pot or Instant Pot: If it was legal to marry a kitchen appliance, I would legally change my name to Ashley Instant Pot.
Dump and go recipes are my jam, and have LITERALLY saved lives. Just because you don’t feel like slaving away in the kitchen doesn’t mean you can’t make kick ass meals the whole family will love.
Check out these awesome crock-pot meals we have over at the blog:
● Garlic Parmesan Crock-Pot Chicken
2. Dutch Oven: This is the long lost cousin of the crock-pot but for your oven. You can even get it in pretty shades of purple or orange (because HELLO your kitchen utensils need to inspire you!)
The dutch oven is so versatile, you can use it on the stove top for an awesome one pot meal (GOODBYE extra dishes) or you can put it in the oven for a one pot baked dish as well.
Check out these kick ass dutch oven/one pot meals:
- ● Cheesy Chicken Pepperoni
- ● Taco Noodle Casserole3. 13×9 Baking Dish : EVERY short cut kitchen needs to have a good baking dish. Whether you want to whip up a mean tuna noodle casserole (HELLO, Comfort food) or you want to bake some simple barbecue chicken for dinner you have to have this dish. It will be your new best friend.
4. Pasta Pot with Built in Strainer: Short cut kitchen cooking is ALL about less dishes to clean and more time with your family and your Netflix habit. Easy pasta dishes are one bad ass way to feed your family in 30 minutes or less, but why the hell do you need a pot with a separate strainer.
Trust me, when I discovered they made pots that had strainers IN them my life was forever changed. Less crap to clean and it’s so kick ass your kids will hope you will leave this pot to them in your will. (Pssst my 21 year old has already tried to steal this pot from me…….TWICE)
5. Food Processor/Blender: Now hear me out. This isn’t one of those fancy chef tools. Think of it, being able to make any sauce you want with just a dump of ingredients and a push of the button!
Tired of the same old jarred sauce? Dump it in your food processor , toss in some extra garlic and push a damn button. Goodbye boring old sauce, hello “special” sauce.
You can make sauces, dressings, salsas, and SO much fricking more. No more fancy chopping and slicing, just put it in the food processor and push that button and away we go.
If you are tired of eating the same ole shit every single day, but exhausted and really don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen these tools are LIFE savers. You can please your taste buds and your desire to sit your butt on the sofa to feed your Netflix obsession.
These tools and our collection of easy to make recipes will take your boring dinner routines and make your whole family drool.
You might even have some time left over to check out our easy cocktail recipes too!
Leave a Reply